Road Glide banner

air lite owners cut the mesh out or not

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  07Roadie 
#1 ·
just bought air lite soft lowers few weeks ago I am running them in 50 degree weather in south Louisiana not much of a winter here but feel like bike may be running a little hot(no oil temp gauge),pipes sound louder and maybe a little loss in power or maybe I am imagining this.My question is anybody having same situation,would seem like mesh would block air, thinking about cutting mesh out,has anybody done this with better results,anybody running them above 50 degrees

#2 ·
It says not to use them above 50!! I dont think it would be wise to cut them up as they will loose there integrity and not fit as well!! sounds like you could of saved some $$ and went with the HD ones! hope you figure it out!!

#4 ·
I been running mine up to about 65 degrees. Thats where my engine temp starts to get over 200. It would be nice to have the mesh attached with Velcro but I don't want to take the chance of screwing them up so I'll just take them off when I need to.

#5 ·
I've got the soft harley lowers on mine, temp range is from mid forties to upper seventies, it gets kinda hot in the middle of the day, but still running ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.