Ultimate Solo Seat - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Seating: seats, backrests

Seating: seats, backrests SEATING: seats, backrests for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM

Default Ultimate Solo Seat

I hope that this posts...I seem to have issues posting to the forum...I will try this again...

Today I took a trip to Daytona with some friends to try out some solo seats. I was sold on the vintage mustang solo since I had this seat in the past and it rocked.

We decided to check out Corbin. Corbin is a high quality seat that is very pricey. Looks sexy on the Shark, but it did not feel "$700 good" in my opinion. We headed to the next location to check out the mustang seat. We noticed an Ultimate seats sign and thought we should check it out.

I have read very limited reviews on the Ultimate seats in the Harley community, however each review was stellar. Leslie Williams at Ultimate was great and let me throw on a seat and take it for a ride. It was a phenomenal seat and very similar to the mustang seat. I was sold immediately. I purchased the seat on the spot and put +150 miles on it.

Another good thing about Ultimate, is constructed with a slot for a back rest. So if funds are slim, you can get the seat and purchase the backrest at a later date. With mustang your only option is to get the seat with the back rest or spend extra money on a special order. You must special order the seat with a back rest slot, if you do not feel like dumping $500+ for the seat and back rest. I must admit that Mustang is a great seat, but I feel that Ultimate is of equal quality and cost less.

It was like sitting on the Glide for the first time...you know that is the best bike. Ultimate seat felt the same way for me...great seat!

I am looking forward to putting many miles on the Ultimate Seat.ImageUploadedByMO Free1352776315.944645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Life Member

Not a brand you hear a lot about. Thanks for the review. That thing sure looks comfy!
2011 RG Ultra Silver Pearl with Midnight Black Pearl inner fairing, Roland Sands breather, 255 cams, V and H Power duals/wdual slash ovals, Power Vision, Hog Tunes Big RG speakers/160 watt amp/ tweeter pod, HD Hammock heated seat, Jagg fan assist 10 row oil cooler, 12" KromeWerks Apes,14'' light smoke Windvest.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Hangaround

I bought an Ultimate Solo seat from a forum member here and it beats the Mustang for comfort in a big way. With a backrest it is awesome! It was the best money I ever spent on my Roadglide by far, just hate that I didn't know about Ultimate seats earlier.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Life Member

I bought a TP relocator bracket from them. Ill have to check out the seats. Am pretty sold on the corbin solo w/ touring pillion. I found that after putting on the 2inch relocator bracket, gf is sitting in a hole. Not sure if there is a seat out there that goes back further than the stock ultra seat to make up for this.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 AM

For all your Corbin needs you need to get with Jon at Horny Toad HD and let him get you a price. I'm about to order another Classic Solo with drivers backrest from him at a great price. With Corbin if you are willing to wait 3-4 weeks you can choose the material (leather versus vinyl) that you want your seat to be covered in. For short legged folks they offer a close version (most styles) which gets you closer to the bars !! Corbin is the way to go for me. I've been riding them for a long time now and you can't beat the support you get for those long rides. Just my opinion anyway !!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

How does the sitting position with the Ultimate vary for the stock seat? Does it lower you? Move you back away from the tank? Any widebodies on here own one? One thing I've learned is that the seat that's perfect for the the 170 pound rider usually doesn't work for someone who's 250+. Any feedback?

Last edited by Northwoods_Maine; 11-18-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:21 AM

Northwoods....I am a smaller guy at 5'9 and about 190...the ultimate also has a "tall boy" model that would work for taller riders. The seat itself is 16" wide, which is one of the wider solo seats. I think that mustang makes a 17incher with the Super Solo Vintage Seat. If you get the chance, I think the best bet is to ride the seat or find a person with the seat to try. Keep in mind that with every seat, there is a break in period, so the initial feel is always a bit hard. Ultimate seat also has a 14 return policy from t.he time of receipt, so you can try one and return it if it is not for you....

On another note, my buddy that went with me went with the Corbin Hollywood seat model because it was not as "cushioned/bulky"...he is well over 230 and well over 6"... So it is really a preference. I am not sure how his tail will feel after a few hours, but it looks great.

I have owned mustang and ultimate, so those to seats are the model I prefer. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App