Moving to Arizona - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > General Off-Topic Discussions

General Off-Topic Discussions Non-Road Glide Topics

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Grey beard

Lowdog thanks for bringing this up. My family & I are moving down to the Phoenix area next spring if things go as planned.

I'm retired but the wife isn't. Got a daughter who is in 5th grade right now. Got to find an area with good schools for her first then good riding second. The wife's graduating from college in December and needs an administration job in health care if anyone knows of one.

Since I'll be home alone and don't want to get into trouble I'll need some like minded folks to ride with during the week. I am so ready to be away from the snow and be able to ride every day.

www.4x4nut.com
Scar's remind us where we have been they don't have to dictate where we're going.

1997 Jeep TJ SE
2011 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom (Traded In)
2009 Buell XB12R Firebolt
2008 Honda TRX700XX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 AM

Well the wife and I just got back from a visit to Phoenix. After much research we finally bought a home in Phoenix. Its on the extreme north side of town almost in Cave Creek. We are sooooo excited. I gotta say that the area looks to be the perfect area to live and ride year round. We still plan to rent out the house for a few years until we are able to leave Iowa behind. Knowing what is waiting for us down there is hard and the winters that I have remaining here will not be easy I am sure.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to TLKurtz

I've got a couple years left before I can move also. I love that area, but because I don't know it well I plan to rent when I first move there so I have some time to figure everything out and decide where I really want to buy a house. Like you, I'm very anxious to leave the cold weather behind and enjoy the nice desert environment.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdog View Post
Well the wife and I just got back from a visit to Phoenix. After much research we finally bought a home in Phoenix. Its on the extreme north side of town almost in Cave Creek. We are sooooo excited. I gotta say that the area looks to be the perfect area to live and ride year round. We still plan to rent out the house for a few years until we are able to leave Iowa behind. Knowing what is waiting for us down there is hard and the winters that I have remaining here will not be easy I am sure.
That's cool, lowdog. Cave Creek is a great area - very convenient to the 101 and Carefree Highway, yet far enough away from metropolis. Decent restaurants and watering holes.

You imagine me sipping champagne from your boot for a taste of your elegant pride.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe... but at least I'm enjoying the ride!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Life Member

Great thread.

I'm in the process of trying to get transferred out to Phoenix.

The company I work for has a plant there, and I'm sick of the winters.

http://www.gore.com/en_xx/index.html?RDCT=wlgore.com

Does anyone in the area know where the plant is, anything about the location, etc?

Not to hijack, but it seems like we're both asking the same questions.

Anyway, hope to be out west soon, and great to find this thread already in progress. It's already giving me some answers as well.

2012 FLRTX Chrome Freaking Yellow
Old 11-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Hangaround

CY67,

I want to say that location is in North Phoenix, 19th Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Rd., just east of I-17. I would guess that building is less than 8- 10 years old. I have ridden by there many times, pretty good sized place. Lake Pleasant is about 15 miles west of there, plenty of good housing in the area. Good access to good routes out of town for good rides.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeYellow67 View Post
Great thread.

I'm in the process of trying to get transferred out to Phoenix.

The company I work for has a plant there, and I'm sick of the winters.

http://www.gore.com/en_xx/index.html?RDCT=wlgore.com

Does anyone in the area know where the plant is, anything about the location, etc?

Not to hijack, but it seems like we're both asking the same questions.

Anyway, hope to be out west soon, and great to find this thread already in progress. It's already giving me some answers as well.
Yeah cy67....Lake Pleasant, Ben Avery Shooting range, close to cave creek via 74. Being on that side of town sets you up for good starts to Vegas, Sedona via Jerome and a bunch of other great rides. If you are an iron-butt you can get to and from Grand Canyon (South Rim) as a day trip. I would try to live nearer cave creek than central Phoenix if you can swing it. There are a couple of prison facilities nearby there and a landfill, so a little commute might not be so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-18-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser21 View Post
Yeah cy67....Lake Pleasant, Ben Avery Shooting range, close to cave creek via 74. Being on that side of town sets you up for good starts to Vegas, Sedona via Jerome and a bunch of other great rides. If you are an iron-butt you can get to and from Grand Canyon (South Rim) as a day trip. I would try to live nearer cave creek than central Phoenix if you can swing it. There are a couple of prison facilities nearby there and a landfill, so a little commute might not be so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
I can actually hear that shooting range waaaay off in the distance. If anybody is looking for a realator let me know, my guy was great to deal with.