New Tuner for FLHTXSE2 with new header - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > ECM/Fuel Management systems

ECM/Fuel Management systems ECM/Fuel Management systems For Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Hangaround

Well I installed th PV and am pretty happy with the base map from Jamie, I will delay the auto tune until spring after the snow clears and the bike is broken in. Thanks to everyone with there helpful comments.
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparoadglide View Post
Well I installed th PV and am pretty happy with the base map from Jamie, I will delay the auto tune until spring after the snow clears and the bike is broken in. Thanks to everyone with there helpful comments.
I have dealt with Jamie through 3 bikes ~ 160k ~ and since 06 ~ great company ~ I just received his 2/1/2 x pipe ceramic header today ~ Can't wait to ride it tomorrow ~ SemperFi
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PCV w A/T ~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals Jet Hot Black, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparoadglide View Post
Not really sure what bootcamp is, but I will give it a try. My mac is like 4 years old, how far back does this bootcamp go?
Hey sorry man, I tend not to subscribe to threads, then forget to go back later! doh...

Bootcamp works with any Intel based Mac. Allows you to boot up as if the mac was a windows machine. You need to buy a windows OS license however.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Hangaround

It looks like I can auto tune right on this PV module and flash it to my delphi system. I think I should be pretty set unless I make some changes. I have no plans on that anytime soon.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Grey beard

Yes you can use the auto tune basic straight on the unit itself now.

As for the computer, I use a mac as well. When I got my T-Max on the last bike, I bought windows OS and now can boot up in either windows OS, or Mac OS up to me. so no big deal.

FM
Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
Yes you can use the auto tune basic straight on the unit itself now.

As for the computer, I use a mac as well. When I got my T-Max on the last bike, I bought windows OS and now can boot up in either windows OS, or Mac OS up to me. so no big deal.

FM
I'm using VMware Fusion on my Mac and it works great! Still getting used to the Power Vision software and learning the logging and auto tune aspects.

However I have to admit I'm enjoying riding the bike with the tune FuelMoto sent me. Bike runs great! So - learning and auto tune is not high pri.... :-)
Old 11-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageglide View Post
I'm using VMware Fusion on my Mac and it works great! Still getting used to the Power Vision software and learning the logging and auto tune aspects.

However I have to admit I'm enjoying riding the bike with the tune FuelMoto sent me. Bike runs great! So - learning and auto tune is not high pri.... :-)
I run Ubuntu Linux,so I reboot into the copy of windows that came with my laptop to run my tuner software.Haven't yet tried it under wine.