Mustang or LePera - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Seating: seats, backrests

Seating: seats, backrests SEATING: seats, backrests for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Hangaround

Another Mustang fan here. Won't buy any other seat. I've not owned a Le Pera so I don't know the comparison. I do know I don't like hard seats, so it's never been in my thoughts to purchase one.

My bike is set up for my comfort and the Mustang isn't a bad looking seat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Life Member

Here you go:

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=23407
Old 10-26-2012, 05:50 PM

I've always had Corbin seats, but this time they just didn't have a touring seat I liked so I went LePera Sorrento. Looks great and so far comfortable as hell, no ass fatigue. Dennis Kirk had the best pricing on it too, I checked everywhere.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:19 AM
Life Member

Never had a Mustang but have sat on them...usually a more cushioned feeling seat. My la Pera bare bones was awesome but I prefer harder feeling seats. Currently on a Danny gray speed cradle(it is a hard seat; lowers you a few inches after break in and forward a bit) and love it. Only your backside can really answer...
Old 10-31-2012, 03:21 AM
Life Member

Oh, and Dennis Kirk did have best prices on both mentioned seats (after unsuccessfully hunting on eBay for a little bit)
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikejockey View Post
Thanks for the opinions I am not ready to buy yet just wanted to see how others felt about the two. I bought a bill mayor custom seat for my last bike and it was really good but the whole custom made seat thing is a hassle.
You know send in your stock seat they rebuild it when you get it back try it for awhile and in my case send it back in again then it was good.
So about 3 weeks without a seat so no riding. I don't want to do it again.
Anyway Thanks
I know you weren't talking about MCC but that's exactly why I don't want to use MCC. I refuse to give up my bike for however long it takes to get shit right. If I were MCC, I'd invest in some seat pans so I'd be able to expedite shipping. IMO, they'd sell more seat jobs. I doubt they even know how many sales they're missing because the internet won't show them 'lost sales and they don't get to look the customer in the eye, so they never know they're losing the sale. Other manufacturers stock pans in inventory.

I'll go with a company that's ready to ship - been looking really hard at Danny Gray and Corbin both. I want leather so some others aren't in the running.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Shark of the Month November 2013

My La Pera "Aviator" solo was delivered today. Probably mount it and ride it this weekend, see how it goes. I'm thinking of having the local auto upholstery guy cut into it and add some memory foam and some kind'a exotic leather on the seating panel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.