HD Visa Card - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > General Off-Topic Discussions

General Off-Topic Discussions Non-Road Glide Topics

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-15-2012, 06:04 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
One thing to be aware of. Once you request certificates they take 3 weeks to arrive and you have only 60 days to use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Nickel View Post
Recheck your CC Cert's, they are good for 180 days or approx 6 months.
i thought it was 90 days......

there are two different hd visa cards, the regular one which gives you 1 pt per dollar, and the signature which gives 1 pt per dollar, 2 pts per dollar at gas stations and restaurants, and 3 pts per dollar at hd dealers. the interest rate isn't the best out there, but who cares? i pay it off each month so that is a moot point for me. and i've saved a bunch of money over the past few years. i almost have enough saved right now for a set of the daymakers
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 AM
Wooden Nickel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post

there are two different hd visa cards, the regular one which gives you 1 pt per dollar, and the signature which gives 1 pt per dollar, 2 pts per dollar at gas stations and restaurants, and 3 pts per dollar at hd dealers. the interest rate isn't the best out there, but who cares? i pay it off each month so that is a moot point for me. and i've saved a bunch of money over the past few years. i almost have enough saved right now for a set of the daymakers
FYI Right off the website Q & A section:

When do my Harley ChromeŽ Cash certificates expire?

You will have approximately 180 days to use your Harley ChromeŽ Cash certificate after it's been issued.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Life Member

The local Boutique told me about a local business owner ~ all his employess use his card for fuel/company related expenses ~ this guy earns ALOT of chrome cash ~ I have one and have saved a few bucks.
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Life Member

I looked to getting it but no one could answer my most important question. That you do actually get points even if you pay it off immediately? You dont have to wait for the end of the month? One other question, does anyone know if you are still charged interest if you payoff the balance same day/ before the end of the month? If you are then i think the points would just even themselves out right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvin90 View Post
I looked to getting it but no one could answer my most important question. That you do actually get points even if you pay it off immediately? You dont have to wait for the end of the month? One other question, does anyone know if you are still charged interest if you payoff the balance same day/ before the end of the month? If you are then i think the points would just even themselves out right?

Yes, you do get points even if you pay the balance the day after and no you have an interest free period each month so you do not get charged interest unless you carry over a balance into the next billing cycle.

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Administrator

All this chrome cash talk made me wonder how much I had...

Sadly I only had 25.00 worth!!!!! GRRRRRR

Considering its only about 1% of your purchases I figure I'll need to spend about 10k on my HDcard for a new Tour Pack!!!

At least I dont need the TP until Sw3
Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvin90 View Post

I've paid every bill in full upon receipt, was never charged interest and kept all the points. It's a good deal if you were going to spend the money anyway (bills, food, gas) and if you pay it off every month. Not such a good deal if you let a balance grow. I didn't even check the interest rate because it's not relevant to me.

Also, there is no annual fee (for the Signature card).

Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Nickel View Post
You will have approximately 180 days to use your Harley ChromeŽ Cash certificate after it's been issued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
Thanks for the clarification guys. I think you are both correct depending on when the question was asked. I spoke with a card rep who said they started with 90 days then extended it to 180 after a lot of complaints.

The certs may not be great for impulse buys (unless you can plan your impulses ) but they're great for something you are planning ahead for. In my case, the Yaffe Monkey Bars - can't wait to tackle the wiring job - that challenge is the main reason I'm choosing them.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
Thanks for the clarification guys. I think you are both correct depending on when the question was asked. I spoke with a card rep who said they started with 90 days then extended it to 180 after a lot of complaints.

The certs may not be great for impulse buys (unless you can plan your impulses ) but they're great for something you are planning ahead for. In my case, the Yaffe Monkey Bars - can't wait to tackle the wiring job - that challenge is the main reason I'm choosing them.
that could be it, i haven't redeemed my points for a while because i'm working on that high dollar 'impulse' buy. haven't decided what exactly yet, but it could be a painted inner fairing, or maybe daymaker headlights, or most of a wheel.....

one thing that hasn't been mentioned, and i don't know if they still do it, but everytime you use your card, you're entered into a drawing for a new bike.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM

I think that I need one....