My Power Vision Auto tune results. - Page 7 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > ECM/Fuel Management systems

ECM/Fuel Management systems ECM/Fuel Management systems For Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Grey beard

Another Power Vision on the way... My hand can be heavier, and wallet lighter thanks to you guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 AM

I have one on its way from fuelmoto and can't wait to start trying out the basic auto tune. I found on my 08 streetglide that Jamie's tune had allot of spark knock when using 91octane gas. I hope I'll be able to fix that on my own with the PV and basic auto tune on my 12 roadglide custom.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Hangaround

This has been a great read. Thanks for helping me make up my mind
Old 11-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Life Member

I have always used SE tuners. Have dealers ever given you guys slack/ attempted to deny warranty claims for using this product.

I have a similar product for my Subaru and would get no play from dealer on issues they can blame tuner on. Just wondering...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Life Member

DISREGARD, found answer in another thread. My bad...
Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkfltrx View Post
Oh, and as tdkkart stated in a previous post, it will run a little funky during the auto tune. Mine would bog a little if you took off too fast. It only did it once though.
i don't see why. it isn't actually doing anything but recording data when you are in 'autotune' mode. the map isn't actually affected until you flash the ecm.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Grey beard

I noticed that mine does the samething. It bucked and backfired through the intake a couple times. I disabled the autotune and it ran perfect. Idk
Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 AM
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
i don't see why. it isn't actually doing anything but recording data when you are in 'autotune' mode. the map isn't actually affected until you flash the ecm.
When you put the Power Vision in Auto Tune mode it essentially "sets up" the tune for maximum learning. While it depends on how close your base tune is, in most cases changes in running conditions are not too extreme while gathering data. For AT Basic with the factory sensors this includes forcing closed loop over the Lambda/AFR table, turn off Accellerator Enrichement, turn off Power Enrichment, and it also retard ignition timing 4 degrees. With AT Pro with the wideband module it also sets the Lambda/AFR (to a richer mixture than the factory sensors can sample), turn off PE and AE, however it does not change igntion timing. Regardless, when you export your learned corrections and reflash everything that was "set up" by the PV for learning is put back to original.

Dynojet Power Vision info is here www.fuelmotousa.com/powervision.htm

The USA's source for EFI Tuning components and exhaust www.fuelmotousa.com www.jackpotmufflers.com
Contact 877-729-4754
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
I wonder if you purchase the advance auto tune package from them if you can get their maps?

Fuel Moto customer service is top notch. Give 'em a call and ask. My money's on "yes".

After reading this whole thread I can't wait for my PV to arrive tomorrow. I wish I'd ordered the mount though. It sounds like it would be nice having it mounted on the bike. Also, have we heard from anyone running auto tunes using the Pro version with the wide band 02 sensors? I't's on my list of winter upgrades but some first hand knowledge/feedback as compared to the basic version would be great.
2012 FLTRX, BBP, 13" MadStad, Fuel Moto Pro Billet AC and 4" Dyno Tuned Jackpots, catless header, DinoJet Power Vision, Horizon Helibars, Iron Aces mount, HD Aileron grips, Ward's cooling fans, Mustang Wide Tripper solo, CD Plasma Rods and LED turns...

Last edited by elbohead; 11-29-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Life Member

I just ordered the PV from Jaime. I'm getting SE-255 cams installed with 2:1 Rush Full System and I've already added the SE Ventilator. Going from stage -1 AC and Rush tru-duals. These changes would normally require a dyno run for several hundred $$$ but I'm going to try the PV first. I'm not a real aggressive rider so an exact tune won't be needed. Most of my riding is on back roads requiring accelerating and decelerating on a fairly regular basis. Some hiway riding (with cruise). We don't have many mountains in Florida and the trip to Utah next year may require me to change the tune. Trips to various dyno shops should not be required for that trip now. I may also add the Auto-Tune module for future riding.

Thanks for all the info in this thread.