What mods did you regret for your Road Glide? - Page 4 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 AM

OK. I'm more of a more go than show kinda guy. I've done several motor builds. And what I've learned is if your gonna do cams, do the heads too. I'm sold on Woods cams, I've used SE, and S&S cams with decent results, but Woods cams kick ass. I have had great luck with Branch heads. I'm a 2into1 exhaust guy. D&D is my choice. Chubby mini apes are the bars I prefer. Thats my 2 cents worth.
2013 Vivid Black Road Glide Custom, 19" contrast cut Agitator, Black V&H with chrome tips, V&H power duals head pipes, 14" apes, black hand levers, and Joker Machine grips, braided cables, Ventilator, J&M Rokker 7.25", Hogtenna, custom painted inner fairing w/airbrushing, LRS shield, Mean City Cycles reworked Sundowner seat, drivers backrest, saddle bag spoilers w/run/brake lights, run/brake tribar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Life Member

My biggest waste of money was putting in an amp and upgraded speakers (I won't bash the brands cause I think they are good just didn't get me what I wanted). I now run an after market head unit with upgraded speakers in the stock location and a set of speakers in inside fairing with no amp and it totally sounds louder and better than with the amp in before with the stock head unit.

Just my opinion, but I am sure there will be others on here that disagree.

Good luck with your mods. I think that the RG can and will give you the best of both worlds (function and looks) like no other bike.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Hangaround

I regret buying the chrome trim for the front fairing under the windshield, and the windsplitter shield. I will sell either if anyone would like. Maybe it's more someone elses taste. I went with the cvo windshield that has no gasket underneath and it looks great and the wind is much better now.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlideShark View Post
The coffee maker I installed in the saddlebag never seems to work...
....... did you go w/the Kuerig cup style or one where you actually have to press grounds ?
.......... those 'pressed grounds' ones can be a pain, even if the G.wingers DO swear by'm

'05 FLTRI, King Tour Pak, Vented Lowers, SG fender Fascia
Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Life Member

Some times I feel like I regret all the mods I made Besides the Windshield and the seat. I find myself worrying too much about cleaning it and keeping it safe rather than just riding it.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:22 PM

Not on this bike, but I wasted money on a auto tuner. Sounds great and was, but since I was not taking it to the track I could have skipped the autotune, I would just use an existing map with a setup that matched.

For this bike, I am not changing the pipes or filter. For me I wanted to cruise and be able to hear the radio.

Loud pipes were another regret, especially when you suffer a bit of hearing loss from them. The ringing in the ear is when you just lost hearing...

This may or may not be what you were looking for...
Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 PM

for me its been the j&m speakers i kinda felt took they didnt sound any better than my stock speakers and the magnet fell off after 6 months
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Life Member

The only mod that I am very unhappy with was my windvest gunsmoke shield it busted and Boss and I were lucky we were not hurt they seem to be brittle I want more then wind protection from a shield
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 PM

On my 07 I out one of those 5 1/2 inch dark wind shields on it. took it off in 60 miles and gave it away out a full size stock one back on it and never looked back.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 PM

The one I regret most was the woman I had sitting on the back, never liked riding, always complained, didn't lean when I turned. So I traded her in for a more reliable, less noisy, sleeker sexier model. Kidding in all, I'm happily single so that is the most frequent mod I'm always changing out is the woman on the rear pad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.