riding a 23'' - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires Section for Roadglide wheels and tires

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM

Cool riding a 23''

hello all, not sure how this all works. wondering if anyone is riding a 23'' wheel on there RG, and if so, what mods are needed and how has it changed your ride ? thx for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Life Member

Welcome from Florida. I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but if you check out www.choppedbaggers.com there are a lot of folks there with 23s, and 26s that can give you all the info you need.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 PM

I recently installed a 23 on a customers bike, we used HHI raked tree kit with the extended fork tubes, no need to cut the frame like you might find some companies recommend. after trial and error this is the easiest route to go I promise!! I'm saving up for mine as we speak.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico236 View Post
hello all, not sure how this all works. wondering if anyone is riding a 23'' wheel on there RG, and if so, what mods are needed and how has it changed your ride ? thx for any input.
Who ever you use, make sure thaey know what they are doing.....Rake and trail has to be on point.
Sinister Razor tour pack
Paul Yafee floorboards
More to come........
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Prospect

Default Itzlen

Do you have a 23 If so I have a couple of questions for you like how did you extend your fairing bracket to keep the forks from hitting the inner fairing.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:29 AM
www.hogpro.com

You can do the 23" without the raked trees. We did our shop bagger this way. Change the fender and a few other things and you will be good to go. Let me know if you want me to elaborate on the process and post some pics although the shop bagger is a SG.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogPro View Post
You can do the 23" without the raked trees. We did our shop bagger this way. Change the fender and a few other things and you will be good to go. Let me know if you want me to elaborate on the process and post some pics although the shop bagger is a SG.
Let the elaboration and pics begin !!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogPro View Post
I'd like to see some pics. Although it is a SG it can give us a rough idea.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:27 AM
www.hogpro.com

You need an extra fork stop from Harley (a thick black piece of rubber and to cut it in half. Put half on each fork tubve along with the stop that is already on there. We used a Progressive Sopring lowering kit with heavy fork oil (30W I believe) along with a different front fender. This should be it for your 23" conversion unless you want to go single disc in which case you will avhe to decide if you want to do a 13" single rotor with a 6 piston caliper, stock size single rotor with different caliper, or just stock rotor(s) and caliper or calipers. The 23" is so big that the rotor is not nearly as noticeable as on a 21" but I still love the way a big wheel looks with a single caliper.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Life Member

I am ramping up to change from a 21" to a 23" I am going with Pickard trees. Lots of guys are using them and E mailing Jevon He is very knowledgable and stands by his product. 100% wobble free guaranteed. Gonna order this week with a new wheel from Southern MC works