JL Audio XD 200/2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Audio

Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Hangaround

Default JL Audio XD 200/2

I ran a google search and a forum search but have yet to get the info I need. I have the boom speakers. (I know horrid). I picked up the XD 200/2 for a price I couldn't pass up. Looking to mount it on top of the radio bracket but unsure if it will fit and the bike is in the shop ATM getting head work done so I can't look at it. Thanks for any info!

Last edited by spyder_63703; 11-06-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Spelling and auto correct issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Prospect

It will fit - I have the 400/4 unit on top of my Sony head unit. The 400/4 has the same height and depth dimensions.... and the 400/4 is wider. JL Audio makes great amps.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Hangaround

With mine it wouldn't fit on top of the factory radio without pushing the inner fairing up and not being able to seal so I got on youtube and looked at the brackets people were using in kits and made my own. Used some heavy gage aluminum and mounted it to the fairing support brackets under the headlights on the right side as you ride the bike...barely fits but it fits in there.

With just getting rid of the Harley speakers and the amp I can cruise in a 20-30 mph headwind and hear things just fine with no distortion from the speakers. I did use a DMM to voltage set the amp with a 1khz test tone though.