Strong opinions - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Hangaround

Default Strong opinions

It surprises me how vocal some people are about their dislike for our Road Glides. Please forgive my rant but in all of the years I have been riding, I've never met so many vocal haters of a motorcycle! Why do you folks think this is?
One other thing... I don't give a crap what people think of me, my bike, or any other thing. I love my RG custom and think its the best Harley I have ever owned.
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Prospect

That is the first I've heard of anyone not thinking we had the BEST Harley ever made.

BG
Supertrapp FatShots,
PCV,
Dave Mackie Megasphere kit with TC598L cams,
SE Air Cleaner
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDJaco View Post
It surprises me how vocal some people are about their dislike for our Road Glides. Please forgive my rant but in all of the years I have been riding, I've never met so many vocal haters of a motorcycle! Why do you folks think this is?
One other thing... I don't give a crap what people think of me, my bike, or any other thing. I love my RG custom and think its the best Harley I have ever owned.
Well it is non traditional with faring attached to the frame, it is different but exiting. People want more of the same and do not want change, for me I think is the best bike HD produces, stable and rock solid. But is catching up just see the members on this site, we reach 10000 strong and with taste for design and function. We are different just like our bikes and we love it.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Life Member

Because they fear what they don't understand

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Life Member

Most people still cant get over the fact that the headlights dont move with the bars cuz of the fixed fairing. Hell they still complain about not being able to reach the radio. People are just close minded.

Some people just need a high-five. In the head. With a chair
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Life Member

F em. It's nice not being on a run of the mill bike. I like that its an acquired taste.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Hangaround

Just smile and nod, tell them how right they are.
I bought a street glide before street glides were cool, drove about 1600 miles to get it (was afraid of flying). Made many modifications to it and sold it 6 years later when I started losing it at bike night's
Bought A Road Glide because they were rare, fell in love with the ride.
Now $30k+ later I'd like to keep this one for a while before the secret gets out.
Nothing I hate more than seeing someone else on a bike just like mine. This has already happened by the way.
[IMG][/IMG]
Mines the good looking one

Last edited by Silverbullet; 11-17-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinharley View Post
F em. It's nice not being on a run of the mill bike. I like that its an acquired taste.
+1 Few years back I was reading about some batwing guys calling the Road Glide "Harleys ugly step child" I thought it was a funny and a clever way for them to express themselves. Just not true, you can do a lot with a Road Glide.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:43 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDJaco View Post
LOL ~ They will be attempting to find one in the future and get rid of the ole man look ~ I swore I would never have an RG ~ Now I promise The 10 Ultra I have for sale now will be my LAST batwing ~ The RG grew on my OVER a Long period of time and alot of miles ~ About a year or so ago I knew the RG was the next step ~ 30 hd's in to finally get it right ~ but I got there... SemperFi
Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Prospect

I'm not gonna lie, I used to think they were the ugliest motorcycle on the road! I had a Honda and was going to get a Street Glide, but one of my best friends bought a Roadie and I sat on it and fell in love. So when the time came to get my Harley it was a Road Glide, and to remove all doubt I sat on both at the dealership, but only test rode one!