Work Trip to Japan - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > General Off-Topic Discussions

General Off-Topic Discussions Non-Road Glide Topics

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM

Default Work Trip to Japan

The sweat shop is sending me & 5 co-workers to Japan to run off some machines there buying. I'll be there 15 days. Nagoya area, I'll have 2 Sundays off to do some sightseeing. Any body been there, and what shouldn't I miss not seeing. I do plan on getting to a HD shop and getting me and the ole lady a t-shirt, but what else should I not miss. Any members over there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 09:54 PM

Rappungi district for some ridiculous night life and people watching. Osaka via the bullet train for some centuries old culture, everything here is actually old not remade in the late 50's after someone blew it all up. Tokyo is always a blast, the tokyo tower is mid blowingly high and cheap to visit and there is a lady out front that puts on a ridiculous show with live monkeys. Tsukujii fish market is incredible but requires a 0500 showtime for the tour. Shinjuku is the main toursit spot and the typical downtown area full of tons of stuff to do. Most importantly the FOOD! Ordering Orion beers will make them think you're not just a tourist as long as you pronounce it O-re-on not O-ri-on. If you've got two days visit and climb Fuji, less than that is a waste. It's only a good climb not a great place to visit unless you want to actually climb it. Hokkaido is up north and great for a quick ski/hot springs trip and its the place to be in the winter. Learn some japanese its easier than you think. Good morning afternoon and night, beer, and please should do it. Enjoy its a great place to visit. FYI I spelled al the Japanese words wrong in this email so get on google and plan the trip.
Mirrors I found in my garage and just a few skulls
Cee Baileys opaque windshield that looks great but is impossible to see through
Old 11-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Administrator

There's a dealer right in the Nagoya area. You can't miss it, right off one of the main highways (I forget the number). Big orange building. Their shirts run on the tiny side, so go up two sizes or so if you can. If you're a HOG member, they've got a unique HOG patch with a couple of samurai swords on it.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:42 AM

Thanks guys. A couple of us have already planned on the bullet train to Tokyo to see some sights. At 6'3" everyone already has told me I'm going to be looking over the top of everyone. Orion beers sounds like bad breath but I'm game FISHPILOT. Mutt I'll get me one of those patches for sure. Kansha
Old 11-17-2012, 06:17 AM

You will have a blast. I have lived in Japan for 6 years on and off. Lots to see in Nagoya alone but a trip to Tokyo is also a must. If you got a spare 8 hours stop by Mr Fuji and see how far you can get. Another thought is going to Kyoto. It's about a hour south of Nagoya by bullet train. And if you make it to Aomori Prefecture, which is way out of your way, I got lots of cold beer... stop on by.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 AM

What's in Kyoto Orange? Your base appears to be way north. My father-in law Master Sgt Petty, spent 8 years there back in the early 60's. He is gone now but according to his stories he left footsteps all over the island.LOL
Old 11-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Grey beard

Back in the mid 60's before they were imitated here in USA, this place was a must (and I'm a Texan so think about it...).

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3564.html
Old 11-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Hangaround

I would love to go back to Misawa to see how much
it has changed since I left there in 1986.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Shark of the Month July 13

wow you lucky son of a gun! have a safe trip and take lots of pictures to show us how much fun you had!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM

I definitely going to get me a hunk of Kobe Beef there 4getNo1. Man it looks good in the picture. I will be taking as many pictures as my I-phone can handle Mrs. Saw. I post some as my company is buying the international phone package & data for me while I'm there. I been using a Japanese learning program to at least try to understand whats being said.