Strong opinions - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Shark of the Month July 13

They can talk bad about it all they want. Someday they might have one, but it won't be mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Life Member

They can talk all they want unless they have a box of twinkiies or hohos I am not listening! When I bought mine one of the uneducated salesman was making comments about how he wouldn't own that ugly shark nose not knowing that I was buying one at the time.I told him after ringing the bell and taking my picture if it's good enough for Willie G it's good enough for me! And I didn't know he was so rich he didn't need to sale 25000.00 MC .
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 AM

Its funny how peoples opinions change over time given enough experience. I was a diehard sportbike guy, roadraced with WERA and practically LIVED at Deal's Gap. Hated Harley's and swore I would never own one. I got a job as a motorcycle officer in 2004 and proceeded to put a bunch of miles on a police Road King and realized that most of my misconceptions and prejudices were based on ignorance. I beat that bike like a rented mule and it never hiccuped. Logged nearly 30k miles on it before I made the plunge and bought a Harley for myself. New 2007 Street Glide purchased in August 2006. I hated the Roadglides and couldn't understand why anyone would want one. Well 40k miles later on my Street Glide and the opportunity has presented itself to change things up and I am going the Roadglide route. I am rebuilding a dear friends 2008 police electra glide and I am converting it to a Roadglide. I test road a CVO RG a few years back and fell instantly love with the ride. The looks have taken a bit longer to grow on me but they have and now it's all I can think about. Actually I found this site researching ideas for a paint scheme on the rebuilt sled and all this place has done is feed my addiction
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Life Member

The biggest thing I hear is that people are freaked out by the fixed faring. I just smirk because it tells me that they don't know how to ride a motorcycle. I tell them, "Just keep looking at the batwing faring that's directly in your face and you'll be fine. I watch the road, not my faring."

You don't know until you CVO
Old 11-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Grey beard

MY previous bike was my first RG, they have grown on me over time as far as looks. Before I bought it I got two opportunities to ride a Roadie, and "Riding" the bike is what sold me on it, especially on the highway at speed. One of the rides was a friends bike, the other was my local dealer, this was the ride that really did me in. The store manager filled up a new RGU they had as a demo bike and told me to get lost and just return it with the same amount of fuel. So I went down to the upper keys and back, lol

Now I'm on my second Shark and wouldn't have it any other way. I have come to love the looks of the bike, as popular as they have become, in the group of guys I usually ride with I am the ONLY one with a Roadie, so it's different, and this is the way I explain the Road Glide to people. It combines the things I like best of two bikes I have previously owned (Road King & Ultra Limited), I get the light sporty handling of the King, but I get a fairing and tunes like the Limited.

I was converted to Road Glides, and don't regret it one bit. Road Glides are the HD bikes made to pile on the miles.

Just my $0.02
Old 11-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Grey beard

I really dig it when bystanders come up to the crowd of riders I'm with (mostly CVO Electraglides), and says ”wow...I REALLY like that black and white one!”
Although it's a secret, and some still say they're ugly, many unknowing non-riders still think they look better...not even knowing they ride better!
Not one person has called my scooter ugly to my face, but maybe I'm the most intimidating skinny white kid in SoCal :P
Old 11-17-2012, 07:13 AM
Hangaround

I have owned my share of bikes, everything from Hondas to Harleys and can not remember anyone ever coming up to me to discuss how ugly my bike is and how that they would never own one. It caught me off guard the first time. I guess it takes all types to make the world go round...
Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Prospect

I am new to RG, and it's done something to me that a bunch of my others didn't. It awoke an old addiction. Some of my first bikes were like that. I could not stop upgrading and tinkering. Other ones I just rode. Just finished my stage 1 and already have more ideas buzzin my brain. Don't care about other opinions, I love my RG.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Since late 1984/early 1985 I have had four , only four , "daily riders" two Tour Glides and this is my second Road Glide

whats the issue here ??

Let 'em rant and rave , just smile and keep on ridin'

JtB
Old 11-17-2012, 07:29 AM

I always liked bikes, but the first one I looked at and thought it was cool as hell was a RG.

I was use to having bikes others didn't to like because they were different, I'm still good with that. I see this RG as the same.