Strong opinions - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-17-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack6hd View Post
I am new to RG, and it's done something to me that a bunch of my others didn't. It awoke an old addiction. Some of my first bikes were like that. I could not stop upgrading and tinkering. Other ones I just rode. Just finished my stage 1 and already have more ideas buzzin my brain. Don't care about other opinions, I love my RG.
+1.

One of my best friends strongly recommended the RG when I told him I was going to a touring bike. RG hadn't even crossed my mind. I had always admired what I considered to be the "built for the road" look. Even tho I own one, I they still catch my attention. When I crossed over Monteagle, TN yesterday, I saw one on the westbound side headed down the mountain. It looked good. The bike was in its element.

RGs aren't ugly. They look great on the road like they are supposed to.
2013 FLTRU, Jackpot 2/1/2 Stainless Ceramic Coated Head Pipes, Fuelmoto Stage 1 Intake, Power Vision, Jackpot Full Size Ceramic Crossover, MADSTAD 16" Windshield, Motolight Running Lights, Nostalgic Rails, Airhawk R, Hayden Primary Tensioner, V&H Roland Sands Slant Slip-Ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Just smile and nod, tell them how right they are.
I bought a street glide before street glides were cool, drove about 1600 miles to get it (was afraid of flying). Made many modifications to it and sold it 6 years later when I started losing it at bike night's
Bought A Road Glide because they were rare, fell in love with the ride.
Now $30k+ later I'd like to keep this one for a while before the secret gets out.
Nothing I hate more than seeing someone else on a bike just like mine. This has already happened by the way.
[IMG][/IMG]
Mines the good looking one
You left your lights on!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Life Member

Here's a story.

I ordered a new dishwasher online. Big item, too big for UPS or FedEx, so it came by truck. Truck pulls up, guy unloads the pallet, I open the garage so I can inbox it, truck driver starts going ape shit when he sees my ride. "You ride a Road Glide, that's gonna be my next bike". He's been riding Harley's for 30 years. Finally sees the light.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAINSAW View Post
Because they fear what they don't understand
35 year in the making - overnight sensation
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM

Tell em you have a VROD, love the water cooling, and its the best bike HD ever built and see what happens....

Just saw a 110/110 anni Ultra EG at L-A Harley last Saturday in the anni colors. Beautiful motorcycle, but I gots to have a Roadie. 2nd thought I had
was I wonder who the genuis was that cut the FLTRU / C from the 110 lineup in the dark brown color scheme. (I know about the blue/gray SE you can order,salesman didnt till I showed him )

I have not had anyone say anything bad to my face other than a couple close ball buster friends, but I have seen the rolled eyes and wrinkled nose from a distance from the sheep before.

baaah. baaaaaaaah
Old 11-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Hangaround

Default Strong opinions

I would think they are just trying to justify in their own mind their own purchase.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Hangaround

I've always liked the looks of the Tour Glide and Road Glide, but had never considered buying one. I had always been torn between the Road King and Electra Glide. I didn't plan on buying the Road Glide when I went to the dealer. They were advertising and end of summer used bike blowout in August. Among the used touring models, they happen to have three 2005 bikes, a Road King, Ultra Classic, and the Road Glide. All three were Black Cherry and within a couple thousand miles of each other on the odometer. I rode all three, and knew after 2 blocks on the Roadie I was going to buy it, and did. They had it all summer and I was only the 2nd person to test ride it. I took it home for 4K less than either of the other two. The ride and handling sold me. Like the rest of you, I could care less what someone else thinks of my ride. It's freedom of choice, and I made the right one. The others that passed on this bike while the dealer had it for sale made the wrong one.
2005 FLTRI Black Cherry, 95" Big Bore, Thundermax w/Auto Tune, V&H Dresser Duals w/Klock Werks SS, Andrews 26 Cams, Stage 1 intake, SE 6 Speed, Wards FCS cooling fans, Krome Werks Stretch Heritage +2 bars, Progressive Monotubes, 444's, & Touring Link, Michelin Commander II's, 14.5" Madstad, Lowers with Classic Motorcycle Vents, detachable King Tour Pack, Daymakers
Old 11-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDJaco View Post
Why do you folks think this is?
Because the Road Glide is different than anything else in the HD lineup. We don't "fit in" and thus we must be ostracized.

2012 FLTRX BBP, lowers, monotubes, 444 shocks, Rush True Duals & Big Louie slipons, PV tuner, etc..
Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Life Member

"When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free. "
-Charles Evans Hughes

Sums it up!!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Shark of the Month July 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMastiff View Post
The biggest thing I hear is that people are freaked out by the fixed faring. I just smirk because it tells me that they don't know how to ride a motorcycle. I tell them, "Just keep looking at the batwing faring that's directly in your face and you'll be fine. I watch the road, not my faring."
This is what i was taught all through my training class. Could be why I was able to get on it and start riding right away after getting use to being on 2 wheels with my Suzuki. People look shocked when they find out what my first Harley is that i ride and they probably think i'm full of it.