What is this bike worth? Please help - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-17-2012, 10:19 AM

Default What is this bike worth? Please help

I am thinking bout buying my first Harley. I guy i work with is selling his bike. He is asking $9500 for it. This is what he text me it has. 2003 road glide, new rear tire, vance n hinds true duels, power commander, arlen ness intake, cycle smith banana boards, cycle smith bag extensions. Tour pack, two seats, two windshields Cover, helmet, 45k miles, every service record since it was new and every receipt

So what do u guys think. What would you pay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ResizedImage951352420112920_1.jpg (95.3 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg ResizedImage951352420063455_1.jpg (97.1 KB, 190 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Shark of the Month August 13

I'd give him $9500 for it!!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM

Are the miles an issue?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:36 AM

I can probably get it for $9000. I' was just worried bout they miles. I know it has alot of extras. Looks clean
Old 11-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Grey beard

I don't know about the miles, but I wouldn't add anything to the basic value of the bike for the mods/options. Those simply reflect his ideas and preferences, no reason for you to pay for them.

_________

"Help Put An End to Women's Suffrage!"
Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

Depends on your perspective I think. That's only an average of 4,500 miles per year so it's not truely a high mileage bike, but at the same time so many HDs were bought by guys who were sucked into the HD craze a few years back that never really rode them much after they bought them, that you could easily find one that has 1/3 that many miles. Are you capable of doing your own wrenching on the bike or would you be taking it back to a dealer every time something goes bad? Not making a suggestion one way or the other here, just giving you some food for thought. We all approach these decisions differently. Have you looked around quite a bit in your area at other bikes, or is this one being considered only because it was conveniently owned by someone you work with? Don't rush into a decision until you're confident it's what will work for you.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Prospect

I paid 10.5k for my 2001 with 19k. No TP but chrome'd out. I'd say it's a fair price. You see a good amount of high mileage (80k+) on this site and still kicking. It's a 100th bike, that adds value.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Grey beard

Looking at 03's on cycletrader and chopper exchange, this looks to be about the right price, might even be a little low, but thats compared to other peoples list price. There are allot of extras there that if you don't want you could resale (example tourpak, seats and cover) and recoup some of the investment. As for miles, as long as it's been serviced properly and the guy did not dog the bike, you should be fine. As previous stated its not allot of miles per year for a bike of this age.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Prospect

Dont let the milage scare you off especilly of he ca show the maintenance records. These motors are made to run for a while not just sit in the garage. the price seems like a good deal.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Grey beard

I would not be worried about the miles, especially if he has records of service work. The accessories are a plus if they suit your taste and wants, but the tour pack is a $1,000 add on that would be figured into a retail price because it's not considered to be an aftermarket part. Personally I think $9,000 is a reasonable price, however three days ago a HD dealer offered me $8,500 trade value for my 2005 RG on a $36,000 CVO RG. My 2005 has about same mileage with "98" cu in motor, six speed trans and everything imaginable done to it, so apparently I'm out of touch with today's pricing.

2005 RG 98cu in