Strong opinions - Page 4 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmaks View Post
I really dig it when bystanders come up to the crowd of riders I'm with (mostly CVO Electraglides), and says ”wow...I REALLY like that black and white one!”
Although it's a secret, and some still say they're ugly, many unknowing non-riders still think they look better...not even knowing they ride better!
Not one person has called my scooter ugly to my face, but maybe I'm the most intimidating skinny white kid in SoCal :P
Same here! Not one person has called my scooter ugly to my face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

I agree with pretty much everything that's been said here. Seeing this site reach the 10,000 member milestone this week is a double edged sword in my mind. It's terrific that we have that many people to learn from, or to help. But the obvious down side is that the once ugly Shark is now fast becoming THE HD to own. Soon they'll be as common as Road Kings were in '90s and that Street Glides were in the 2000s. Not all bad but you loose some of the uniqueness and individualism that many on here enjoy. C'est la vie! Ride hard, ride safe.

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 AM

You guys are looking at this all wrong...
We need to tell everyone how terrible sharks are not how good they are.
If everyone realizes just how good they really are then everyone will own one.
Like the bad guy in the Incredibles movies said "When everyone has super powers then no one will be super!"

We need to stress how many times we have missed a curve at night because the headlights are fixed.
We need to explain how we have stuck listening to Bulgarian goat roping music for the last 3 months because somehow the channel on the radio got changed and we can't reach it to change it back.
We need to make sure that they all see just how ugly these bikes are, that our owning them is mark of shame.
We need to tell them that guys on 50 cc Chinese scooters point at us and laugh...

If we don't get the genie back in the bottle soon it will be too late!
2011 FLTRU Because Momma wants me to be happy and because we all know deep down in our hearts that black bikes are faster! Thundermax TBW with Tman 555 tq cams, Drago's Dragula 2:1 exhaust and a Big Sucker. Lowered 1" with Progressive Monotubes and Ohlin 3-3s. SG rear facia, BAL-1, Daymakers, Diamond Plate Collection, 16" Madstad, J&M Rokkers with Bazooka 200.4 amp, Lenale fan, Harley Road Zepplin, 12" Wild Ones Chubby Outlawz and a G-Max 205-55-16 rear tire.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Life Member

Just look how popular these bikes have become. People have started coming to their senses, unfortunately

Some people just need a high-five. In the head. With a chair
Old 11-17-2012, 11:39 AM

Lol, so many haters. Thats one of the deciding factors that made me get a Rg.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:46 AM

I am still one of the lucky ones they are very few in my area. Actually the closest person I know of owning one is 80 mile away. I have past 2 here locally this summer, may have just been passing thru don't know. I am sure they are a few around just haven't ran into them yet. I do hear more people showing a interest in them thuo.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfieD View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I used to think they were the ugliest motorcycle on the road! I had a Honda and was going to get a Street Glide, but one of my best friends bought a Roadie and I sat on it and fell in love. So when the time came to get my Harley it was a Road Glide, and to remove all doubt I sat on both at the dealership, but only test rode one!
People have said to me i don't like the look of the RG, why would you buy that ugly thing but on a windy day & in heavy tranport truck traffic running 130 to 140 km a hour you see the batwing bike fading away because they handle like s@#t at high speeds & windy days.
2011 Road Glide Custom
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Hangaround

The most I have gotten to my face is skepticism on the fairing. And as has previously been stated here, I just ask them if they are looking at the road or their bars? It certainly doesn't convince them to run out and trade up but by the look on their faces it does make them think. I tell them to just go test ride one and they'll be hooked. But like PFWiz says maybe we ought to stop singing our bikes praises and let 'em figure it out for themselves or let the be blissfully unaware.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Grey beard

I hate Road Glides so much, I have bought 4. Wait, no, I mean, I like them so much I have bought 4. DOOF
Old 11-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Life Member

Went thru the Dynas, then the Electraglide to get to the Roadglide. Didn't think "that fixed fairing" was something I could ever get used to. Now, that is one of the things I like best about it. The "spacious cockpit" is another of the things I like best. Takes,"if I have to explain, you would't understand" to a whole new level!

2011 RG Ultra Brilliant Silver Pearl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.