Diagnosed with ingquenal hernia - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > General Off-Topic Discussions

General Off-Topic Discussions Non-Road Glide Topics

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Prospect

Do not miss this part of the surgens imput. SOME CHRONIC PAIN. After a double hernia repair, 7"of total cuts, felt like I've been hit by a truck for a week. Did'nt put shoes on for three weeks, after that it was back to self employed heavy work full blast ready or not. Six weeks after surgery I riped the scar around the hernia and I believe thats when the nerve entrapment occurred It was as if I had a blow torch on my groin area for a year and a half 24/7 now its just inflammation and discomfort/pain." It"s all good now" I can ride my R.G. sitting on a piece of plywood, the curve of the stock seat is killer. I posted last fall About the St. Lawrence Seaway and Made it to Nova Scotia, 5452 miles sittin on plywood, took a lot of pictures with one of the plywood seat. If I ever figure out how to post pictures I will update the post. If there are any guys that need a plywood seat I now know the proper thickness and shape. I can sell them for $12.99 plus shipping. One color -black -hahaha. Next year Lake Louise -Banff -Vancouver, sitten on plywood. Life is good, The Lord has been very real to me through this. Sugery is only routine for the doctor.

Last edited by roadglidetouring; 11-17-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Had mine repaired about 7 years ago. Was out of work for 6 weeks and was pretty sore for most of that time.

Doctor advised that I could have "phantom" pains in that area for the rest of my life and from time to time I know exactly what hes talking about.... usually its after doing continuous lifting like mulching something like that.

No issues with my riding though.

Good luck!

D.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Hangaround

Send a message via Yahoo to runnhrd

I have had two fixed and out for two weeks of riding just to make sure everything is,, well welded back together you might say. Only took a few days off from work. Was in early morning and back home by afternoon.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:11 PM

Well, sorry for not being around for a while.....life ya know? I had my surgery today, and gotta say....so far....piece of cake!!! Not much pain, but some serious upset stomach.....didn't expect that. I'm figuring the pain will come back in force tomorrow. I was somewhat of a space cadet when I was checking out, but I could swear I heard the nurse say they put a local anesthetic at the incision site? I did laproscopic, the doc said I was a great candidate for it but would not hesitate to do open if once he got inside and found it was necessary. Glad it wasn't.
Still haven't had a BM......so don't quote me on the "Not much Pain" part of this post! But I have taken the advise to use stool softeners and have been taking them the last couple of days First time peeing was an experience.....that's all I'll have to say about that, other than it was eventually successful!
Thanks for ya'lls help and advice!!!
Darrell
Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Life Member

Glad you got it taken care of and yea you will fill more pain in the next 24 hours I used the pain pills the next day but could bare with it after that hate drugs not much of a drinker either good luck Gods speed
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdy

Glad ya got it taken care of. Follow Drs orders, and all should be good.

Rowdy

Revolution 107CI, HQ575cams, Revolution Performance Tuner, Drago Bike Works Super Charged 2-1 Exhaust, Rivera Pro Clutch, HD Blacked out Forks and Cow Bells, Chubby 14" Apes, Hawg Wired Front to Back, Madstad 16" Dark Smoke. etc...
Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Grey beard

Good luck on recovery DC. Do as the doc says for recovery. I know a few people who have ripped the selves back open after a hernia operation because they thought they were healed and didn't listen. Be patient and best wishes.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Grey beard

Glad to hear you got it done, DC3. Don't rush the recovery and you'll be back to normal soon enough. I had mine done 5 years ago and never looked back. Although I know it's there if I push myself too hard with lifting, etc. Damned mulch...
Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Life Member

Glad it went well and you're on the mend.
No one looks forward to surgery, but most times the problem is only gonna get worse without it.
Take care of yourself, the road will be there when you're ready.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:22 PM

Thanks folks, day two and I'm doing pretty well, still haven't had a BM! Took a laxative and I'm still waiting...."Gentle overnight relief" RIGHT!!! Come on RELIEF!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.