Seeking advise - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Engine Related

Engine Related Engine Builds and more for Road Glides

Sponsored by Drago's Bike Works

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Prospect

Default Seeking advise

I realize I could get lots of biased opinions, but it is what it is...

I currently have an 11RGU with heavy breather, SERT, Rinehart 4" exhaust, stock head pipe w/cat's. With my current setup I'm at 73hp 92tq, but i want more power and I don't like the way it sounds.

Now, for sound I've made up my mind on adding the Drago true dual head pipes. I plan on keeping the Rineharts unless I run into problems tuning, then I'll go to drago's exhaust. (I plan on having Frank do the tuning also now that he does the SERT)

What I'm having a difficult time deciding on is cams. About 90% of my riding is 1up. Generally in the 2500-3500 range. I've been looking at the woods 777, but not sure I want to do any future engine work, at most, I would do head work in the next year or two.

I know the torqster is highly recommended and the woods 222's are out and getting good reviews, my concern is they are not for my riding style. What are others thoughts? I've read countless threads and looked at way too many charts. One of the reasons I'm favoring the 777's is the tq is where I ride most and from the charts I've looked at it would give me the most gain in hp and tq.

Any advise on getting me out of this cam decision madness....
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Life Member

Went from the 555's on my 10 Ultra to the 777's Really like the 777's better ~ can't speak for the 222's as I have not ridden a bike with these... Enjoy ~
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Grey beard

Don't overlook the T-Man 555 TQ cams, I'm sure Frank will mention these at some point. He and other builders are having good results with them, and the power will be right where you're talking and carry out some.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Grey beard

Fuel Moto has some dyno charts on the TW cams. Might be worth a look.
2012 FLTRX Denim Black,Stock head pipe with Cat removed w/ Jackpot 4" black slash up slip-ons. power vision, Fuel Moto pro billet A/C, Woods TW-222's, 12" Klock Werks . Sanchos Wings. Khrome werks 2+2 Handlebars.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Prospect

I've talked to Frank and he does favor the t-Man 555 cams. With my configuration they should give me about 105tq and 90hp. To be honest I don't recall any charts with this cam similar to my setup.

From the charts I've looked at on Fuelmoto, the 777's could get me to 113tq and 100hp. FM-link They don't fall below 100tq until 5000 rpm and the hp continues to grow through the rpm range. This is one of the reasons the 777's are more intriguing to me at this time...
Old 11-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Grey beard

Remember not to get wrapped up on numbers and look at the power curves and make sure the power is where you want it?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Engine Expert

The tman 555c cams will move your power to the right and give you better peak numbers than the tq cams. It all depends on where you want your power band to be. Just give me a call again if you want to talk.
Thanks
FD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksarauer View Post
I've talked to Frank and he does favor the t-Man 555 cams. With my configuration they should give me about 105tq and 90hp. To be honest I don't recall any charts with this cam similar to my setup.

From the charts I've looked at on Fuelmoto, the 777's could get me to 113tq and 100hp. FM-link They don't fall below 100tq until 5000 rpm and the hp continues to grow through the rpm range. This is one of the reasons the 777's are more intriguing to me at this time...
PRO-CHARGER--TRASK TURBO--DBW DRAGULA 2;1 EXHAUST--DBW SUPERCHARGE SERIES EXHAUST--RUSH EXHAUST--HAWG WIRED--AIM CLUTCH--FEULING--POWER COMMANDER--THUNDER MAX--TTS MASTERTUNE--95" 135"ENGINE BUILDS & KITS--CNC HEAD WORK- DBW CRANK WORK-- DARKHORSE CRANK WORK--REVOLUTION PERFROMANCE--TMAN CAMS--DYNO TUNING-- BUILDS FROM 75 HP TO 600 HP

New logo by Chainsaw Graphics.
Drago's Bike Works 815-765-1790
www.dragosbikeworks.com
Old 11-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoBikeWorks View Post
The tman 555c cams will move your power to the right and give you better peak numbers than the tq cams. It all depends on where you want your power band to be. Just give me a call again if you want to talk.
Thanks
FD
Thanks Frank! I plan on it and I appreciate you taking the time to educate me cause I know very little about this.