Fulface Helmet - Page 12 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Additional Related Discussions > Helmets

Helmets Anything and everything to do about Helmets!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-17-2012, 10:40 PM

I wear Arai full face at all times I am on a bike. Safety is necessary when you have a family and need your brain to work plus I do not want scars in my face
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 05:11 PM

I just bought a new Arai Vector 2 in a color that almost matches my midnight pearl to a tee. I plan to wear it a lot. I used to wear a ff but wore a 3/4 most recently. I go from ff down to no helmet. I primarily wear a 3/4 or ff. I like to wear them on road trips and take a half.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 PM

Default HD modular

Full face/full time, mostly to keep people from recognizing me from the line-up at the post office !
Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by caboverbob View Post
Full face/full time, mostly to keep people from recognizing me from the line-up at the post office !
^^What he said ^^

lol I have a FULLY blacked out full face for the winter, it does a fabulous job of scaring the shit outta soccer mom's in mini vans "it was a guy on a black Harley" won't get one to far
Old 01-01-2013, 06:50 PM

I wear one all the time. I used to race and I know how it protects you when you go down.
Sure it does not fit the image but I ride for me not to be "seen".

*smile*
Old 01-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Grey beard

Default Bell Rs1

The wife just talked me into trying the Bell RS1 , so far liking it very much for winter rides,... This coming from a half helmet rider that has used half helmets since riding..
Oh and purchased the Transition Shield <--- Awesome!!
'13 Blk RGC crs/abs/sec 103 Stg2 255cam-plus D&D Boss Fatcat SE Super Tuner. Klockwerks 12", Blk 10"Chubby w/Blk Get-A-Grips. Skunked Day Maker. CD GEN2001157Amber/Wht Front & Red Rear Smoke Lens w/Magic Strobe & bits more, Always a WIP

Last edited by Jay2Beers; 01-01-2013 at 11:58 PM. Reason: More info to share
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Grey beard

Thumbs up

Very Much agree. Full face and transition. I have the RS1 w/transition shield - no more modular - but will carry a half helmet for a spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCBandit View Post
I own 9 full face helmets (I like choices), and would never ride without one.

My favorite 3 are these. I wear my Bells the most due to the comfort of them:

Bell RS-1 "Born Free" The flake in this paint is AMAZING in the sun

Bell RS-1 "Steam Punk"

Both use the SOLFX Transitions face shield that self tints, so I never have to carry or swap different shields. When it's bright outside, they tint. When it gets dark, they are perfectly clear.

Shoei RF-1100 "Diabolic Revelation"

Two of my lids are modulars (flip face) and I will never go that route again except for the Shark Evoline series. My Scorpion EXO-900 fits well and isn't too loud, but it is HEAVY as hell and has poor airflow. I bought a Bell Revolver on a lark, wore it 3 times and promptly sold that horrible POS. LOUD doesn't even fully describe it. Plus poor airflow and felt very "open" inside which made me feel as though the protection wasn't there. This is why I don't spend so little on a helmet usually... you get what you pay for.

If it isn't SNELL certified and/or ECE certified, I won't even look at it. DOT in actuality means absolutely nothing. Individual helmets aren't even tested.. they just have to be ABLE to pass a very minimal test... in theory.

Anything less than a full face is good only for holding your hair in place. A high percentage of injuries occur at the front of the head.

I can almost get why some don't wear a helmet (I don't agree, but it's not my head in question), but if you're going to wear "a" helmet, why not wear a proper helmet???? Crappy cheap helmets lower peripheral vision and are loud and don't provide acceptable airflow inside... quality helmets don't have such issues. THAT's where a big part of the cost comes into play.

I also don't get the idea of riding long trips with a helmet, but not around town. As if an elderly cager in a 2 ton Buick won't pull a left in front of you on Main Street.... you're in as much, or MORE danger around town, even at slower speeds, than you are on the freeway.

Aside from the obvious stuff... I have had some insane stuff slam me in my face shield while riding that I would not have wanted to hit any part of my exposed flesh. Rocks, flying beetles the size of my thumb, dragonflies, getting caught behind sand trucks on the freeway being pelted with painful sand... you name it.

Wear or don't wear, it's your choice. But if you're going to own one, make it the best you can afford, and actually wear it. We own $20,000+ bikes with untold amounts of money in mods on them... why go cheap on something that can and will save your life?
'13 Blk RGC crs/abs/sec 103 Stg2 255cam-plus D&D Boss Fatcat SE Super Tuner. Klockwerks 12", Blk 10"Chubby w/Blk Get-A-Grips. Skunked Day Maker. CD GEN2001157Amber/Wht Front & Red Rear Smoke Lens w/Magic Strobe & bits more, Always a WIP
Old 01-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Hangaround

I wear a Shoei Neotech all the time, even when not legally required. A helmet, boots and gloves are minimum safety equipment for riding in my opinion.

Don't be afraid to spend some coin on a helmet. You get what you pay for.

If you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Hangaround

Braking in a Bell Star Carbon Black Beauty with the transitional shield . Nice light plenty airflow loud when vents open quiet when they or shut . Very little wind buffeting .
Old 01-19-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbumdumb View Post
Braking in a Bell Star Carbon Black Beauty with the transitional shield . Nice light plenty airflow loud when vents open quiet when they or shut . Very little wind buffeting .
Excellent full face IMO. Made my & wife's flip-up helmets obsolete.