FYI and Happy Thanksgiving - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > General Off-Topic Discussions

General Off-Topic Discussions Non-Road Glide Topics

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Life Member

Default FYI and Happy Thanksgiving

If you have read my profile you know I have been in the appliance repair for over thirty five years so I am going to through out a little advise for the Holiday season every time this year we get slammed with dead oven calls so I hope this helps get the turkey cooked for the family.Now a days other then frozen pizzas the ovens don't get used until the holidays so the wife has to put the oven in self clean before ma in law comes to dinner and sees the dirty oven.well no one cleans the big stuff out first.self cleaning ovens get up to 800+degrees and burns off the crap in the oven if to much is left in the oven it over heats and blows a one time safety fuse that has to be replaced so no oven to bake the pies and turkey.I have worked until 1:00 am fixing ovens on the day before not complaining it helps buy pretty's for the shark. So don't clean the oven till after thanksgiving! and if any one has a problem with your dirty oven send that pie to old Qkshift .Pumpkin,Pecan,and Chocolate or my favorites .HAPPY THANKSGIVING FELLOW SHARK TAMERS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Life Member

Thanks for the advice, and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Life Member

Just for curiosity sake, how much does the safety switch itself cost? Also, since labor rates vary due to location, how long does it take for the repair to be done?
Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 AM

Quick thanks for the info, my oven gets used like a whore during the colder months, I love cook. Hidden hobby of mine. and have a great holiday! haven't chatted with you on the phone in a bit hope all is well!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Premo View Post
Just for curiosity sake, how much does the safety switch itself cost? Also, since labor rates vary due to location, how long does it take for the repair to be done?
Each manufactures price varies just under 30.00 to 75.00 free standing range 130.00 built in wall oven they have to be pulled up to 200.00 with labor.Have to watch out for all the jive talkers that act like they waved a magic wand and want to charge 300.00 up after the next few years who knows how much And it is a government required safety part if you wire around it and the house burns down its on you takes away from its ul testing insurance gos after the company that last worked on the oven even if they weren't the ones that wired around it.we we see it we replace it
Old 11-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Life Member

Good to know. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taccone View Post
Quick thanks for the info, my oven gets used like a whore during the colder months, I love cook. Hidden hobby of mine. and have a great holiday! haven't chatted with you on the phone in a bit hope all is well!
I am great been busy Kelli has got me working on the house painting and redoing wood work! Got to get it ready for Christmas Damn that HGTV if that Homes on Homes guy is a shark rider and is going to go to shark week 3 I may have to kick him some placecost me riding time it's been a balmy 55+this weekend she did let me take her to lunch on it and to the carpet store to give them money.But how about you things not so good on the east cost from what we seen here like a war zone had some buddy's sent east to help restore power how is the shark did you get the 254 cams in and what tuner did you go with I hope all is well with you and your family You still have my# when you have time to bs call happy holidays
Old 11-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Life Member

Hey QKSHIFT, I too have been in appliance repair for over 35 years and I have to say you are on target with your warning. Burned out elements and burned out thermal limits are the most common oven issues I have to deal with this time of year. With this being a short week this year, I hope everyone turns the oven on before Wednesday to make sure it still works. A lot of them haven't been used since last Thanksgiving! Happy Holidays to all!

2011 RG Ultra Brilliant Silver Pearl