Add a Siren to your Factory Security for $6 - Page 23 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Do-IT-Yourself

Do-IT-Yourself For all those Do-it-yourself ideas that will save you some bucks

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-17-2012, 10:27 PM

I installed it today. plugged it in the right spot. I do have security and the fob.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 05:03 AM
Prospect

On my 2001, the Radio Shack siren chirps with the remote and goes loud when set off.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Grey beard

Glad this thread got revived. One of those mods I plan to do but always forget about.

Has anyone been able to find the part number for the OEM connector yet???

Also for those running two (or more) alarms. Are the extra ones really necessary???
Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Hangaround

I went out and bought two of these sirens and installed them after reading these posts. Works great!!! Thanks for the info! V-VZ
Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Hangaround

Called Radio Shack a little bit ago and they have one in stock so I'm gonna go pick it up and put it on tonight.. I may be back for help! :-)
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Hangaround

man that was easier the easy! Great little upgrade and beats HD's $269.95 set up! Took me all of 10 minutes! Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Grey beard

Thumbs up

great mod, thanks for the info.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info. Great idea
Old 12-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Shark of the Month November 2013

Thanks OP, and all the others who added their tips on this - the connector pins, exactly which wire goes to which (red to brown, black to green), etc. Works great. My boy gave me one siren for Christmas, and I had picked up another already, and put them both on tonight.

Used 4 of the pins off of the 9-pin connector set, and probably would have liked it better had I spliced both onto a lead and landed that. Instead, I shoved two in each hole - they fell out the first time but I was able to push them in deeper and it seems to hold fine now.

Had some multi-strand sprinkler controller wire (maybe 18ga?), pulled out the black and the red and fished them from one side to the other, and by splicing that with small wire nuts I was able to mount one on each side that way. Some electrical tape at the wire nuts for added hold, and a couple of small zip-ties to the adjacent cables so nothing vibrates around too much down the road.

Drilled out the back of the connector receiver that is on the bike as others have done, fished the pin-ends through that, landed them on the Harley connector and slid it back into its housing. Used #6 sharp-pointed "Grabber" cabinet hinge screws to screw the siren bodies to the plastic casings available. Not exactly a factory look when you remove the covers, but clean and tight. I'm happy with it. Maybe later on I'll go back and put a black sleeve over my red and black wires that go from the one side to the other and give it more of a "wiring harness" look.

Thanks again folks for suggesting this! Oh ..... two more thoughts - 1) your dogs WILL go nuts when you test it, so be ready, and 2) if you pulled the main fuse while doing this, don't forget to re-set your clock.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
Glad this thread got revived. One of those mods I plan to do but always forget about.

Has anyone been able to find the part number for the OEM connector yet???

Also for those running two (or more) alarms. Are the extra ones really necessary???
I have used these on my last two bikes and they are really neat. However, I believe two are necessary because if you add one to the left side of the bike, then stand on left side 25ft away and listen for alarm. Now walk to other side of bike (25 ft away) and you can tell a large difference in noise volume. (and I have worked at an airport for the last 8 years so my hearing isn't the best but I can still differentiate between the two volumes.

If someone is messing with my bike, I want everyone within earshot (no matter which direction they are from the bike) to hear and look.

I purchased the normal two for the alarm on my bike but I also found the larger round one that gives out a few more db. I think I am going to try and integrate that one into the horn circuit just to screw with cagers a bit more.