iSimple - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Audio

Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-18-2012, 11:04 AM

Default iSimple

Has anyone bought the iSimple from IronAces?

Thoughts ? Pros and Cons?

I just bought my Gilde ... 2012 Pearl Yellow ...
I am looking to upgrade the audio as well..

Thanks ....

Paula
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Life Member

Use it and the Iphone Mount every time I ride. Works nicely.
2012 RGU / Big Blue Pearl / Woods TW222 Cams / Fuel Moto Ceramic 2-1-2 Headpipe / Fuel Moto 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers / Fuel Moto Stage 1 A/C / Power Vision Tuner / Heritage Bars / Seat Mod by MCC /Rider and Passenger Bead Riders / BAL Tail Light / 12" & 14" Windvest / Sancho's wings / Iron Aces Phone Mount / Rear Fascia Upgrade / Avon Grips / Mean Mug by Gas Capital Customs
Old 11-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Hangaround

I have one as well as the Iron Claw chrome mount. FWIW I have an issue with mine - when I first start the bike and the iphone it will play a song from 1 - 5 seconds, I will hear a tone and it will then skip to another song. after 6-8 minutes it will stop doing this and work fine, UNLESS I ride a bumpy stretch of road.
I downoaded a app that is a player with a 10 band equalizer built in. This problem does NOT happen when I use this other app rather than the built in iphone app. Not sure why.
I just ordered a second isimple cable that I plan on using in my SUV. I plan on testing it out on the bike first to verify that the first cable is bad & then send that one back for replacement.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 AM
Grey beard

I've had the isimple from Iron Aces for about 10 months. Love it with their mount.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich4411 View Post
I have one as well as the Iron Claw chrome mount. FWIW I have an issue with mine - when I first start the bike and the iphone it will play a song from 1 - 5 seconds, I will hear a tone and it will then skip to another song. after 6-8 minutes it will stop doing this and work fine, UNLESS I ride a bumpy stretch of road.
I downoaded a app that is a player with a 10 band equalizer built in. This problem does NOT happen when I use this other app rather than the built in iphone app. Not sure why.
I just ordered a second isimple cable that I plan on using in my SUV. I plan on testing it out on the bike first to verify that the first cable is bad & then send that one back for replacement.
You most likely have the "Shake to Shuffle" feature enabled. Turn that off in the music prefs.

2011 FLTRX 103

VH Dresser Duals | Klock Werks SS | HD Ventilator | Power Vision | Santees 11in Apes | CB SSC Euro 15in
Old 11-19-2012, 06:45 AM

I think HD-Shock is right. My 1st iPhone used to change songs on me when I jogged. Damn it pi$$ed me off!!! Come to find out the shake to shuffle was on. Now I know.....
2011 Vivid Black FLTRX, 107" Rev Perf, Zippers Thundermax AT, Roland Sands Speed 7 AC, Iron Aces iPhone holder, 8" KW, V&H Duals & Black Widows, DDM HIDs, ARC 6.5's, S.E. ported heads, 30 tooth frt sprocket.

You never see a Harley parked outside of a Psychiatristís office, now do you.....
Old 11-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Prospect

What's not to Like about it.?
It charges my Iphone while allowing me to listen to Pandora all with one simple connection..
Its a nice clean looking install.

I say do it.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Shock View Post
You most likely have the "Shake to Shuffle" feature enabled. Turn that off in the music prefs.
I didn't know that feature was an option - thanks Shock! I will still use the other app as having the equalizer does make a difference in the sound quality.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Grey beard

I won mine @ SWI and have used it since. Well worth it. Hardest part on the install was sucking the gas out of the tank before taking it off to run the wires. Very clean set up. Highly recommended.
+2 Sweepers, chrome quickly fading to black
Old 12-07-2012, 03:40 AM

Default isimple question,.....

a few days ago i got the isimple wiring setup from ironaces too. i was wondering why the instructions say that you have to remove the fuel tank. looks like the tank console is removed anyway in the process. isn't there plenty of room for the wires to lay between the tank and the chrome tank console? from reading the instructions with the great pictures in the install sheets, it looks like it'd be a no brainer that the gas tank doesn't need to be removed. perhaps i'm missing something here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.