What to do NEXT????? - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Roadglide.org Site Sponsors Forums > Hillside Motorcycle

Hillside Motorcycle Hillside has been around for a long time building engines.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Grey beard

Default What to do NEXT?????

Scott,
I know you posted a few times in my thread in the engine build section. I was asking about building a 113" engine but folks suggested I go bigger and stay away from the HD kit I was looking at.

So far all I have done to my engine is a Klockworks Double Back dual exhaust (which people say will take away from your low end torque but I didn't), Roland Sands intake, Power Vision tuner w/tune from Fuel Moto, Woods 555 cams, Fuel Moto adjustable push rods.

So I am sitting here looking at my bike put away for the winter and am wondering what is next to do to it? Yes in the next 2 years I have a goal of building a 124" S&S motor that you talked about. But I am wondering what is next before I get to that point of building my BIG motor.

What can I do to my 103" motor? Throw a higher compression piston in it? Do some head work to it? What else is there? Larger injectors or throttle body?
I'd like to hear your input on what you think would be some mods I could do? I ride 50% single & 25% with my wife & 25% with my daughter. I am looking for lots of low end torque for getting me off the line and then having that passing power in the mid range RPM's. I could careless about top end power as I don't ride much at WOT. Yes I would like to have an engine that made 100hp/100tq so for now that would be my goal.

Thanks Rick

www.4x4nut.com
Scar's remind us where we have been they don't have to dictate where we're going.

1997 Jeep TJ SE
2011 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom (Traded In)
2009 Buell XB12R Firebolt
2008 Honda TRX700XX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Scott,
I know you posted a few times in my thread in the engine build section. I was asking about building a 113" engine but folks suggested I go bigger and stay away from the HD kit I was looking at.

So far all I have done to my engine is a Klockworks Double Back dual exhaust (which people say will take away from your low end torque but I didn't), Roland Sands intake, Power Vision tuner w/tune from Fuel Moto, Woods 555 cams, Fuel Moto adjustable push rods.

So I am sitting here looking at my bike put away for the winter and am wondering what is next to do to it? Yes in the next 2 years I have a goal of building a 124" S&S motor that you talked about. But I am wondering what is next before I get to that point of building my BIG motor.

What can I do to my 103" motor? Throw a higher compression piston in it? Do some head work to it? What else is there? Larger injectors or throttle body?
I'd like to hear your input on what you think would be some mods I could do? I ride 50% single & 25% with my wife & 25% with my daughter. I am looking for lots of low end torque for getting me off the line and then having that passing power in the mid range RPM's. I could careless about top end power as I don't ride much at WOT. Yes I would like to have an engine that made 100hp/100tq so for now that would be my goal.

Thanks Rick
On my 10 LTD I was making 110/114 with the same setup and FuelMoto's Type B Heads ~ This was with Jackpot slip ons and a stock Headpipe out of an 09. The 103 had no high compression piston/rings just cams PCV/Type B Heads ~ FM did the work and I had dyno'd at another location and came up with the same #'s.
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Hangaround

Talking

look into changing the gearing by using a Sportster pulley. I believe you can use your old belt and by changing a pulley it will give you more low end torque.
Might be a 34Tooth pulley? That ought to give you a winter project. Cost can't be that much if you do the labor.