Power Vision - Page 4 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > ECM/Fuel Management systems

ECM/Fuel Management systems ECM/Fuel Management systems For Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 AM

Had dealer Install the Power Vision and a basic map before I picked the bike up yesterday new 2013 RGU.
Bike runs fine and I am doing my home work on the Power Vision. So far I think it was the right way to go.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 PM

Default Power Vision

Not to beat a dead horse but...just so i understand.

I will be changing my pipes, decatting and adding SE/AC this winter on my 2012 FLTRX. I was thinking the PCV as Rkfltrx spoke of and figured another $300.00 to $500.00 for Dyno.

About the same money or less for Power Vision using stock O2 sensers, which you guys seam to be having good luck with.

If I understand this correctly, the PV tracks data which I can feed back to bike or forward to Fuel Moto to correct and skip the whole Dyno thing?

Not trying to cheap out, just a little tapped after dumping the dough on the bike if you know what i mean.

Matt
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmat View Post

I will be changing my pipes, decatting and adding SE/AC this winter on my 2012 FLTRX. I was thinking the PCV as Rkfltrx spoke of and figured another $300.00 to $500.00 for Dyno.

About the same money or less for Power Vision using stock O2 sensers, which you guys seam to be having good luck with.

If I understand this correctly, the PV tracks data which I can feed back to bike or forward to Fuel Moto to correct and skip the whole Dyno thing?

Not trying to cheap out, just a little tapped after dumping the dough on the bike if you know what i mean.

Matt
I have the PV tuner on my 2011 RGC 103" and recentley I have been using the Autotune mode and it is awesome....My bike ran pretty well with the canned map that was supplied from Jaime at Fuel Moto....but it is now tweaked with the Auto tune and I have to say it really pulls stronger and the fuel mileage is even better...
Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmat View Post

Matt
Go with the Power Vision. You won't be disappointed. The PC5 is good too, but it is a piggy back system while the Vision is a downloader/tuner. Plus the Vision already has the capability of a basic autotune right out of the box. With the PC5 you would have to buy the add-on auto tune.
2012 FLTRX Denim Black,Stock head pipe with Cat removed w/ Jackpot 4" black slash up slip-ons. power vision, Fuel Moto pro billet A/C, Woods TW-222's, 12" Klock Werks . Sanchos Wings. Khrome werks 2+2 Handlebars.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Life Member

Another vote for Power Vision, very happy with mine.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkfltrx View Post
Go with the Power Vision. You won't be disappointed. The PC5 is good too, but it is a piggy back system while the Vision is a downloader/tuner. Plus the Vision already has the capability of a basic autotune right out of the box. With the PC5 you would have to buy the add-on auto tune.
Power Vision also works with the Auto Tune. You get the same level of feedback using the Auto Tune module with either system.

With the PowerVision, you have AutoTune Basic, which uses the stock, Narrow Band 02 Sensors. Then you have AutoTune Pro, which uses the AutoTune module and the Wide Band 02 Sensors. Pro gives you feedback over a much greater operating range than the basic.

More info is here.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Hangaround

Power Vision having the capability to do a basic autotune right out of the box is making me add it to my Christmas list.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teagatron3000 View Post
You guys running the PV-1 with the stock 02's or running PV-2 with the Bosch 02's? Also, when I go to buy pipes, I see that a lot of the headers have the 02 sensors up closer to the engine vs stock. Do you have to extend the stock 02's or is there enough rope there to reach with the stock sensors?
I think to answer this question you have to say it depends........................................... ........................................
I am using a 2009 exhaust on my 2011 bike. Everything bolts up and all you have to do is get a kit with reducers so that your smaller O2 sensors will fit into the larger holes. And then you also have to get an extension for the front O2 sensor. http://sales.nightrider.com/12mm-O2-...-Kit_p_22.html This is the kit I used and it works great.

Now if you get an exhaust that is made for the newer bikes you won't need this kit but some systems are not made for the newer bikes.

www.4x4nut.com
Scar's remind us where we have been they don't have to dictate where we're going.

1997 Jeep TJ SE
2011 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom (Traded In)
2009 Buell XB12R Firebolt
2008 Honda TRX700XX
Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
I think to answer this question you have to say it depends........................................... ........................................
I am using a 2009 exhaust on my 2011 bike. Everything bolts up and all you have to do is get a kit with reducers so that your smaller O2 sensors will fit into the larger holes. And then you also have to get an extension for the front O2 sensor. http://sales.nightrider.com/12mm-O2-...-Kit_p_22.html This is the kit I used and it works great.

Now if you get an exhaust that is made for the newer bikes you won't need this kit but some systems are not made for the newer bikes.
And if you are looking for a set of 2009 Pipes, send me a PM. I have some stock 2009 pipes available. They have the 18mm bungs up near the exhaust port, which is what you need if you are going to use the Auto Tune module with the Bosch O2 Sensors.

Oh, and the have NO CATS!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Grey beard

Jeez - I have always been a "purist" and believed in hand tuning on the dyno. I'm pleasantly amazed that so many are having success with flashing the chip thru PV. More to save for !!!! DOOF