26" wheel - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires Section for Roadglide wheels and tires

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedona Blue View Post
Thanks fabes, everyone is trying to prevent me from moving up to a 26. I don't care, I'm making the switch. It's good to get some positive feedback on the ride. My only true concern is pot holes. How do you think they hold up to the bumps in the road
You always gotta keep your eyes on the road for pot holes. Regular little pot holes are not an issue. You are from the south, so you wouldn't have to worry too much. For the people up north and in the midwest where the pot holes are a few feet wide and six inches deep, that's an issue. But all the guys I know that ride them in the Chicago area haven't had any issues. I only have about 200 miles on mine in TN (best paved roads I have been on). This weekend I will be riding back in Iowa and ILL, so I will let you know how that goes. They had a mild winter, so those roads aren't too bad this year.... Also don't haul ass into parking lots with curbs for driveways. If you know what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabes View Post
You always gotta keep your eyes on the road for pot holes. Regular little pot holes are not an issue. You are from the south, so you wouldn't have to worry too much. For the people up north and in the midwest where the pot holes are a few feet wide and six inches deep, that's an issue. But all the guys I know that ride them in the Chicago area haven't had any issues. I only have about 200 miles on mine in TN (best paved roads I have been on). This weekend I will be riding back in Iowa and ILL, so I will let you know how that goes. They had a mild winter, so those roads aren't too bad this year.... Also don't haul ass into parking lots with curbs for driveways. If you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean. I've only been out here for about 10 months. Before that, I lived n Tampa for a year. But, I was born and lived the rest of my life in Chi-town. Pot holes are the size of the grand canyon. I definitely don't miss that. Keep me posted man, bad ass bike dude!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Life Member

I definitely want to start chopping this fall, my bike still blends in with the crowd to easy.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedona Blue View Post
I know exactly what you mean. I've only been out here for about 10 months. Before that, I lived n Tampa for a year. But, I was born and lived the rest of my life in Chi-town. Pot holes are the size of the grand canyon. I definitely don't miss that. Keep me posted man, bad ass bike dude!
Sorry for the long delay man, busy with work and traveling. I just put 1300 miles on the bike last week. Went from Chi, to J&P cycles, all over IL and IA and then ended up riding her back to TN. The wheel didn't give me any issues at all. You know how the roads are in the midwest. I was going 80 mph + on interstate 57 (worst interstate imho), hitting bumps and pot holes...... Not an issue at all, road like a champ!!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Life Member

Thats awesome news man. I am glad to hear your having good results. I cant wait till winter
Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Life Member

OK guys I am back on my 26" wheel kick again. Any concerns I need to be aware of? I am selling my Busa to Pay for the surgery. I am still a little wary cutting this bike up.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Hangaround

I also want to go 26" this winter and I really dont want to cut my frame mostly due to the fact that I'll never be able to return it to stock and trade it in for a new one. Does anyone have experience with any of these kits from kewlmetal or any of these other places and if the #'s come out right? I really wanna go 26!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by reficul View Post
Any concerns I need to be aware of?
Biggest thing I've seen and heard of is the tire.....Vee Ruber is what your going to have to run in the 26/30 world. Some of the guys were running in to tires that had slow leaks (around the bead). With this known, they're throwing a tube in there and all is good 9* in the neck and 9* in the trees and the trail #s come out good. So many quality builders/companies out there making kits these days. Only thing I will add is post pictures as you go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSteve View Post
I also want to go 26" this winter and I really dont want to cut my frame mostly due to the fact that I'll never be able to return it to stock and trade it in for a new one. Does anyone have experience with any of these kits from kewlmetal or any of these other places and if the #'s come out right? I really wanna go 26!!!!!!
Kwel metal, it the "claim to fame" on this setup. I've heard good and bad on these kits, yet to personally ride and "tree only" 26". Not sold on it, but I know of a guy that loves his setup and visa versa..........the issues I've heard are typically at high speeds. If you wanted to go the "tree only" route, I'd call around to every company you could think of and as them the pros and cons of both setups
Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 AM
www.hogpro.com

We always use HHI http://hawghalters.com/Bagger-Conver.../prod_488.html trees for 26" wheel setups. They offer a neck rake builders kit which includes the weld in neck and the raked trees. If you are going to do a 26" this is by far the best kit available.