Harmon Kardon and I Tunes Downloads to Disc - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Audio

Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM

Default Harmon Kardon and I Tunes Downloads to Disc

I've had an issue where the I Tunes music that I downloaded ( and paid for) would NOT PLAY on any of the discs that I burned for my bike. These discs would play in my other vehicles . If I made a disc that contained both burned music from a CD and downloaded I Tunes music the HK would only play the music that I burned from a disc and NOT THE I TUNES downloaded music.
WTF ???
I went on line and got a ton of info about how to burn multi hour discs . I also found that this is a pretty common issue with the HK radio.
I found a bunch of info about removing TAGs, new software for my computer and upgrading the radio and crap about reading your "agreement with I Tunes" etc about proprietary music rights etc etc etc.
Give me a break ....all I wanted to do was download some music, burn it onto a disc and use them on my glide.
So .......
Turns out that there is a really simple fix for this. I am not a technical person so I will not try to explain why this works .
You simply have to REMOVE THE ARTWORK from the downloaded music and the HK will play it. Something about the artwork fooling the HK (???)

You simply select the song in I Tunes, right click , click on the "get info" tab and delete the artwork. After the artwork is deleted you creat a playlist and burn the disc.....and the HK will now play it!!!
This was a source of frustration for me !! I hope this info helps others avoid all the other crap out there about this! It's simple and it works!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM

Oh...one other thing....ANd this is important..
The downloaded music needs to be in MP3 format for any of his to work !!@!!!