Color matched inner: Buy or Paint? - Page 4 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Paint & Bodywork Section

Paint & Bodywork Section Post your paint & bodywork questions and issues here!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 PM

I painted my inner black can up load some pics tomorrow. Any questions I can help you out did the complete job in house. I am a painter do stock and custom paint.
2011 FLTRU BLACK Bub 7's, Lowered Front, Lowered Rear, Black Lower Legs and Uppers, Painted Inner Fearing and Gauge Housing, Windswept Running Boards And Break, Bag extensions, Rear Fascia w Run / Brake light, 12" WindsPlitter Shield,HogTunes Speakers.

auntnee@gmail.com
www.acedigitalgraphics.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid1 View Post
Has anyone who has a vivid black RG ever painted the inner?
Vivid black.......couldn't imagine having the factory plastic black inner, unless I had a denim black bike
Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid1 View Post
Has anyone who has a vivid black RG ever painted the inner?
Haven't you seen a vivid inner on a vivid bike - looks great! I'm having mine done this winter along w all the other mods I'm doing.

2011 HD Road Glide Custom
- Full V&H true dual exhaust
Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Life Member

Gonna get the inner fairings painted on my GF's Street Glide (Big Blue Pearl) and my Roadie (Cool Blue Pearl). We are also having her king tour-pak done to match her bike. We kept it when she sold her Road King.
A friend has a custom bike shop and he can work us into the schedule yet this year.

Her inner and tour pak will be done in BBP. I am going to have mine done as a fade from CBP at the top into black at the bottom.

Can't wait to get them done. Only downside is that he'll need the bikes for a week - but they'll do the removal and re-installs.

You imagine me sipping champagne from your boot for a taste of your elegant pride.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe... but at least I'm enjoying the ride!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 PM

This guy just opened a Facebook page and will install a painted inner fairing for $475. He is located in Jacksonville but will travel if there are enough customers lined up in a specific area to knock them out at once. If you want to do the install yourself knock $75 off the price.

http://www.facebook.com/PaintedHarle...ref=ts&fref=ts

Last edited by windborn; 11-26-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Grey beard

wow,looks like a very good price on a single color painted! just not sure I want my bike down for that long.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:31 PM

Default Painted

Dealer in TN will Install painted Black only while you wait for 399.99. Says he needs hour and half, they keep painted black ones as a swap out for your then have your trade in painted for the next one.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Life Member

Check into Fatbagger.com (FBI) for painted inner fairings. The last I knew Fatbaggers has the FLTR painted inner fairing for $500 it is a exchange program so you will have to return your old inner or pay the core charge if you keep your inner. I been to Fatbaggers and from what I understand the owner of FBI owns the HD dealership next door so he has access to all HD paint colors, I got my candy red sunglo painted inner from FBI and that is a 3 part paint and it was a perfect match. Other then that take your inner to a local painter and you should pay somewhere around $300 to $350 for the inner to be painted. The good thing about FBI is that you don't have much down time because when you get the painted inner you can swap out the inner fairing in a day and be back on the road, taking the inner to a painter it may take a week or two to get your inner back. By the way do the removal and installation yourself and save some bucks it is a easy job it just take some time.

Just check FBI web site and the painted inner fairing list for $959.95 this includes the core charge of $460.00 when you return your inner fairing your $460.00 will be refunded to you so your total cost comes to $499.95. There may be a additional charge for some colors so you would need to contact them if your color is not listed.

Last edited by ironmark; 11-27-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Administrator

150 from a local painter.... took the fairing off and dropped it at his shop this week. Should have it back next week.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Shark of the Month August 13

Not to knock FBI, I have bought many parts from them over the years with great success......but this year I ordered there dash and since its a vivid black bike I figured I'd just have them paint it, vivid black cant be hard to match, right? Well I'd didn't match, it was black but not vivid black that's for sure. I called and emailed without getting a response to the problem, literally 7 months later and I've never heard a word from them on it.........

Just good for thought, I've learned my lesson. If I buy something pre painted it will come from the MoCo or I pay for it once I see it in person. Other than that I'll just have my painter paint it