Rear Fender Facia for 09 - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Tech Area

Tech Area For Tutorials and Instructional Materials

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 05-15-2012, 08:28 AM

So would I since that's what I'm planning for my metric project. Got the fender in it's way. I just need the fascia and turn signals now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Prospect

Looking forward to seeing pics!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joke View Post
Great gzr - just need to find a Mirage Orange one. Thanks.
If you find one, let me know. I have looked, and I think we are in the same situation as the lower fairings. Harley never made a bike with that part in that color, so you cannot order one. If you want one in Mirage Orange, I think the only option is to order a primered one and have it painted. That is why I ordered Vivid Black Lowers, did not want to have to buy the paint, which could get way more expensive than the part being painted.

Just an example, on the paint. I have a friend with an '06 Cobalt Blue FLTR, who wanted to paint his inner fairing. The paint could only be ordered in quarts (only needed around half a pint), and cost $260.00 for just the paint (plus labor). I did my inner fairing in Vivid Black, which the guy who painted it keeps around (popular color), so I only had to pay for what I used and the labor.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Life Member

If you ordered the light for a 09 streetglide its simply plug and play. If its the new style light that acts as a brakelight you will have to splice wires to make it work. I sid this mod to my 09 wjen i bought the bike. Besides waiting to have the fascia painted the job took about 1/2hr to do. Mask off the fender, hold the fascia in place, have someone mark the hole locations, PLACE A PIECE OF WOOD BETWEEN TIRE AND FENDER, drill holes, remobe the masking tape, bolt light into fascia and install onto fender. Run wire along the fender strut and connect under left side cover.

Some people just need a high-five. In the head. With a chair
Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNerdGuy View Post
If you find one, let me know. I have looked, and I think we are in the same situation as the lower fairings. Harley never made a bike with that part in that color, so you cannot order one. If you want one in Mirage Orange, I think the only option is to order a primered one and have it painted. That is why I ordered Vivid Black Lowers, did not want to have to buy the paint, which could get way more expensive than the part being painted.

Just an example, on the paint. I have a friend with an '06 Cobalt Blue FLTR, who wanted to paint his inner fairing. The paint could only be ordered in quarts (only needed around half a pint), and cost $260.00 for just the paint (plus labor). I did my inner fairing in Vivid Black, which the guy who painted it keeps around (popular color), so I only had to pay for what I used and the labor.
You wont find a mirage orange pearl factory painted fascia. Buy a primed one and have it painted cuz the MoCo didnt put them on the RGs. Or wait alil and ill sell you mine complete, already painted with light and harness. Im changing to the cvo rear fascia. PM me if interested

Some people just need a high-five. In the head. With a chair
Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzrglide09 View Post
I have ordered the rear fender fascia for my '09 Roadglide. I have 2 questions:

1-Is there a plug on the wiring harness that I can plug it in and if so, where is it? (I was thinking that, just maybe, the wiring harness for the roadglide and street glide were the same and all I have to do is find the plug.)

2-Do I have to take the tire off to install the piece?

Thanks in advance,
gzr
I put the Rear fascia on my '09 Road Glide. I didn't pull the rear tire. I got the painted Rear Fascia
from one of this forum's members, PC PaiN. Jon works through Horny Toad HD and will give the best prices.

Here is the thread that has pictures of my installation. It has a step by step pictorial of the installation and finished pictures. Check it out.

I purchased the Tri-Bar Light Upgrade (68358-07A). It has the Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light. It has the longer harness and the 3 pin plug that just plugs right into the Tour Pak light plug under the side cover. Now, I do have the detachable Tour Pak. So I made a "Y" plug to be able to still plug the Tour Pak and the Fascia Light at the same time.

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 PM

gzr
I'm getting ready to do the same thing (fascia and lingt on a 2012 road glide ultra) pictures would be a big help.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red glider View Post
gzr
I'm getting ready to do the same thing (fascia and lingt on a 2012 road glide ultra) pictures would be a big help.
Here is a thread of the Fascia install I did with pictures.

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)