Riding from Atlanta??? - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Road Glide Gathering > ARCHIVES-SWIII St. George, UT

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 AM

Default Who's riding to SWIII from Atlanta???

Planning on going to SWIII through Memphis, Little Rock, Albuquerque and Page AZ.....

Wondering if anyone is saddling up and heading that way and want's to ride together?

I'm thinking about being in Page Monday nite and riding the three hours to St. George at a leisurely (photo op) pace.

Any thoughts on pace out there? We'll probably have to leave Atlanta Saturday morning.

Last edited by DC-3Mek; 11-05-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Life Member

Sounds like you should consider hooking up with Hutmo's Gypsy Tour. The plan is to ride the Old Route 66 on the way the to SWIII. Not sure if Hutmo has had time to get the ride plan finalized but for sure it will be a great time.
2012 RGU / Big Blue Pearl / Woods TW222 Cams / Fuel Moto Ceramic 2-1-2 Headpipe / Fuel Moto 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers / Fuel Moto Stage 1 A/C / Power Vision Tuner / Heritage Bars / Seat Mod by MCC /Rider and Passenger Bead Riders / BAL Tail Light / 12" & 14" Windvest / Sancho's wings / Iron Aces Phone Mount / Rear Fascia Upgrade / Avon Grips / Mean Mug by Gas Capital Customs
Old 11-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Administrator

you gonna run 20 to Birmingham ??

if nothing interferes with me this time , we could hook around there

JtB
Old 11-04-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplej View Post
Sounds like you should consider hooking up with Hutmo's Gypsy Tour. The plan is to ride the Old Route 66 on the way the to SWIII. Not sure if Hutmo has had time to get the ride plan finalized but for sure it will be a great time.
That's what I'm waiting for, Chris took us to some good spots last year....
12" WV, KW 2+2 Sweepers, ISO Grips, Jackpot Headers/Rush Slip-ons,Ventilator S/E Breather PCV, Alpine 149BT W/ Ipod , HW RS400 & CS300, HW 654's & Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5's up front and HW 654's in TourPak Pods.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:18 AM

Yeah, JtB, I'm thinking going to B-ham, Memphis, Fort Smith, AR, Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Albuquerque, Page AZ, then to St. George. Would love to have some company, hope you can make it!

We want to possibly stop over in Page and do some photography in the slot canyons then do a leisurely ride into St. G....

It's roughly 1940 miles that route, and we want to do it in no more than three days.....I'm gonna try to get off early the Friday night before and leave that Saturday morning, getting to 1000 miles and stopping where ever it might be (which from Newnan Ga. that would be SHAMROCK TEJAS!!! Just inside the border from Oklahoma..... I know it's pretty difficult to do an Iron Butt with meeting up with folks and all, so, it's really just about the ride!!!! I WANNA RIDE!!! Can ya tell I'm ready ta go!!!???

Anything else is up to our whims, including pace, GF's gonna work on her Iron Butt with me....it's pretty firm right now....but I digress

I agree with the idea of hauling butt through the boring stuff and doing some back roads in the nicer areas....we won't be in that much of a hurry....we just want to get out where we've never been!

So we are thinking maybe IB'ing it out past Oklahoma City the first night....

Any suggestions???

Last edited by DC-3Mek; 11-05-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Administrator

1924 from here ( Prattville , just outside Montgomery ) to St George

I'm thinking taking off for two weeks , leaving that Saturday morning as well . and leaving the rally and heading south to Phoenix Az to my best friends place , havent seen him in 35 years or so , he is confused and rides a Fat Boy I believe , or head north and loop thru Sturgis to Milwaukee , tho I have no desire to be near the rally

Last year I had to bail at the last minute , hopefully not this year

Long as the group dont get to big , I'm in

JtB

Last edited by JacktheBagger; 11-05-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 PM

If I decide to go, I would like to ride out with someone. I live in Jackson, TN just about 60 miles east of Memphis. I am scheduled to work on the weekend that I would need to leave. Not sure I am willing to give up the doubletime for Sunday.

2012 Maple CVO
Old 11-21-2012, 11:57 PM
Life Member

Been thinking about joining the merry band of gypsies this year, but if for some reason I'm not able to I will be heading thru Atlanta on my way out there

2014 GYPSY TOUR--Getting my kicks from Rt 6!
Old 11-22-2012, 02:59 AM
Grey beard

If I can make it I could meet up in Birmingham ~ not a fan of the Atlanta thing ~ I'll keep ya posted ~ SemperFi ~
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PCV w A/T ~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals Jet Hot Black, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Life Member

I'm in Atlanta & thinking bout making the ride up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App