scavenger - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Engine Related

Engine Related Engine Builds and more for Road Glides

Sponsored by Drago's Bike Works

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Prospect

Default scavenger

Bought a new scavnger ,Tryed it out to day.I am here to tell you there is a lot of old oil in there.Did the change and added three ots. checked and added another half qt. Rode it for around 50 mi. Came home checke it and its right in the middel where i want it.More usefull than a chrome goodie.hope this helps cause dirty oil is not good with clean oil.

Last edited by Craig A; 11-21-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Grey beard

Location: Main Residence Perth Western Australia, Secondary Varna Bulgaria, Satellite Houston

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of buying one but your the first to say they work OK. I'll order one next week.

Veritas Vos Liberabit{the truth shall set you free}
Old 11-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom6722 View Post
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of buying one but your the first to say they work OK. I'll order one next week.
seriously? this is the first time you've seen a good report on the scavenger? not busting your balls, but everyone that i've seen that has invested in this has always written about how your bike is gonna implode if you don't invest in this system as well. the only people that are either neutral or negative are the ones who haven't spent the money on one.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Prospect

its really all about getting that old crappy oil out of th system.Heads up on my observations. Went to amsoil on the new bike after 250 mi. Talked to the dealer he said it would last 10,000, miles.Yea right. So i kept a eye on it and sure enough at about 9,000 it started to look dirty .Not bad or black just kinda dirty, These were 90% highway miles.your results may differ. Changed the oil with out the scavengr didt have one.And 5,000 miles later it look BLACK. Hope this helps just think of all the crap thats left in there .JMO
Old 11-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Life Member

scavenger or not, without a used oil analysis, i'm not going over 5k on an oil change. there is a lot more to the condition of your oil than just whether or not it appears dirty, regardless of brand.

your bike, your chances, but i wouldn't do it. it isn't that expensive to buy 4 qts of oil and change it yourself.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:27 PM

Scavenger,Best thing since sliced bread,fit one or your engine will fall out
Old 11-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Hangaround

Got one for my fatboy but couldn't use it because the exhaust I'm running doesn't leave enough room to remove the oil return line from the oil tank. Depends on what exhaust you're running and how much room there is between the oil return line and where the exhaust pipe makes its bend coming out of the rear cylinder. I like the idea of getting all the old oil out during a change but so far everything has worked alright without it.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Grey beard

Location: Main Residence Perth Western Australia, Secondary Varna Bulgaria, Satellite Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
seriously? this is the first time you've seen a good report on the scavenger? not busting your balls, but everyone that i've seen that has invested in this has always written about how your bike is gonna implode if you don't invest in this system as well. the only people that are either neutral or negative are the ones who haven't spent the money on one.
Yes. No you didn’t bust my balls. I’m an EVO man from way back. Got the SERG last year and still got one year on extended warranty, so dealer is still doing oils etc. Once the warranty is finished I’ll be doing the maintenance myself, I’ve ordered scavenger today.

One question for those who have used these pumps. Do you pump through a quart of oil as shown in the video or you pump more oil through until the oil runs clear/clean?

Veritas Vos Liberabit{the truth shall set you free}
Old 11-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Life Member

I change my oil about every 3500 miles. Would a scavenger be practical?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 PM

Default Or......

Scavenger.....great product but $100?? I've been using this for two seasons now and it works great and a hell of a lot less money.
http://2armcyclestore.com/shoponline...b1f631f31b8c5e

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.