Proposed Shark Week in Maine, part 2 - Page 10 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Road Glide Gathering > ARCHIVES-SWIII St. George, UT

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-22-2012, 11:52 AM

I would go, what dates are you thinking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomerza View Post
I would go, what dates are you thinking?
It probably depends on whether we get the approval to do this as the National Shark week, or if we do it as a regional rally. Most likely dates would be mid-August of 2014 if it's SW4.

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:33 PM

I'm deffinetly in !!!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:31 PM

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter mutter View Post
Im willing to travel anywhere to attend SW4. However i do think it is important to have attended a previous SW to see what works & what does'nt. I would like to see SW get bigger & better every year. IMHO

Nutter, I appreciate your concern, and I think everyone wants SW to be bigger and better. From what I've read about SW3, along with what I know about that area of Utah, I'm very confident that we're well on our way to achieving that goal.

Regarding our proposal to host SW IV in Maine/NH, my partner in this caper (Gman SERGU) has attended both of the previous Shark Weeks. The 'third leg' of our organizing 'stool', "Workman", went to SW2 and will be attending SW3. I'm 60 years old and bought my first motorcycle at the ripe old age of 14. While I regretfully haven't had the opportunity to attend a SW event, I've spent my entire carer as a sales and marketing guy and have personally planned literally dozens of multi-day national and regional sales meetings and recognition/award trips for 10-300+ attendees. In addition, I have attended 5 Sturgis Rallys, 3 Daytona Bike weeks and close to 20 Laconia Bike Week events/rallys. Be assured that our group has plenty of experience with past SWs and many other even larger events.

We're very confident that we have the organizational skills, experience, and spectacular and unique riding roads that will allow us to continue the trend of having each Shark Week be bigger and better than the ones that have come before it.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods_Maine View Post
Nutter, I appreciate your concern, and I think everyone wants SW to be bigger and better. From what I've read about SW3, along with what I know about that area of Utah, I'm very confident that we're well on our way to achieving that goal.

Regarding our proposal to host SW IV in Maine/NH, my partner in this caper (Gman SERGU) has attended both of the previous Shark Weeks. The 'third leg' of our organizing 'stool', "Workman", went to SW2 and will be attending SW3. I'm 60 years old and bought my first motorcycle at the ripe old age of 14. While I regretfully haven't had the opportunity to attend a SW event, I've spent my entire carer as a sales and marketing guy and have personally planned literally dozens of multi-day national and regional sales meetings and recognition/award trips for 10-300+ attendees. In addition, I have attended 5 Sturgis Rallys, 3 Daytona Bike weeks and close to 20 Laconia Bike Week events/rallys. Be assured that our group has plenty of experience with past SWs and many other even larger events.

We're very confident that we have the organizational skills, experience, and spectacular and unique riding roads that will allow us to continue the trend of having each Shark Week be bigger and better than the ones that have come before it.
well judging by your and your partners resume id say the qualifications are there. Ive never been to a SW event due to my work schedule not my riding capabilities but i would love to be in attendance for this. I hope it works out so it can happen

Some people just need a high-five. In the head. With a chair
Old 11-22-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter mutter View Post
Im willing to travel anywhere to attend SW4. However i do think it is important to have attended a previous SW to see what works & what does'nt. I would like to see SW get bigger & better every year. IMHO
Great! I am glad that you are in for SWIII that is close to you, and hope you make it to IV. I also hope it continues for ever, great folks in this site and great to meet everyone.

Last edited by GMAN SERGU; 11-22-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Maine sounds great for Sharkweek IV! I was planning to visit Maine last year and things didn't work out. So I was thinking about going this year, but if Sharkweek IV is there in 2014, I may put off my trip to Maine until then.

I'm glad there are so many favorable responses to this location. It sounds like it would be a great location and you seem to have very experienced organizing skills. So I hope someone presenting another location and attending Sharkweek III doesn't get more consideration especially if the location isn't as good. I think it is much more important to select the best locations rather than worry about if someone attended the previous Sharkweek. As far as being at a previous Sharkweek "to know how it works", important information can be shared through emails and phone conversations. And actually, I'd like to see new ideas which may make the rally more fun and interesting each year.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:42 PM

I live in Ct and would love to join in and being my first Glide i am meeting more people with them probably could get a few more to go with. Send info and approx dates so I can hold vac days.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 PM

RLAF75 and Ozoneman thanks for the vote of confidence.

Karlcin18, you do realize we're talking summer of 2014 right? We won't set any dates until we find out if we are to host SW4 or not. If SW4 is to be here in Maine, we would look closely at sometime in the first 3 weeks of August of 2014. If another location is chosen for SW4, then we'll likely do a regional rally here but won't schedule that until they announce dates for SW4 because we wouldn't want to conflict or even be within a month or more of those dates for sure. As our membership has skyrocketed in recent years, the participation in SWs is growing to the point of hosting one will become a very large undertaking in the very near future and whoever hosts one deserves all of our support. So hang in there and let's see what happens.

Last edited by Northwoods_Maine; 12-05-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlcin18 View Post
I live in Ct and would love to join in and being my first Glide i am meeting more people with them probably could get a few more to go with. Send info and approx dates so I can hold vac days.
We will do another CT meet and greet this Spring or Summer though so watch out for that.