Well crap ... - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Hangaround

must pretty long? i just had a nail removed from the rear tire with 7500 miles on it and it didnt leak. having it aired up hard help i guess.
i would have patched it though if needed.
i have never had a patch fail on any vehicle i have owned and actually have never had a plug fail either . at one time i had sveral plugs in each tire on my old yamaha tri z all though i will only plug a tire on my harley in an emergency

Old 11-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Life Member

Just a follow up, I went ahead and used the recommended amount of Ride-On on Friday and it seems to be working fine. A few days and many miles with me and the girlfriend, and it still passes the soapy water test and hasn't lost an ounce of air. I tried to remove the little bugger but only managed to push it in further - that thing is TINY! I'd rather it was out but I'm not going to worry about it if I get another 3-5k out of the tire, I'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmathias View Post
First off that sucks... I would replace the tire. Find a good price online have your dealer match the price or find an independent. I know of a couple that have great prices. Let me know if I can help. More than happy too.
Sure Cmathias, It'd be great if you'd share your sources. I'd love to find a good dependable, trustworthy indy. I'll need tires eventually anyway.

2011 FLTRX 103

VH Dresser Duals | Klock Werks SS | HD Ventilator | Power Vision | Santees 11in Apes | CB SSC Euro 15in
Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 AM

+1 For the cord type plug. I've never had one fail on me.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Hangaround

plug it, if you get it patched you might as well get it replaced
Old 11-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpt-bagger View Post
Replace it! You're life is worth way more then a couple hundred bucks. Just my 2 cents

nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!