A little feedback ......... - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRick View Post
Did they RIDE it? Have him get it up to 90 and take his hands off the bars. If he refuses, everything is not normal.

Yeah they rode it mechanic said he got up to 80 and didn't find anything wrong......
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Life Member

Sounds like the stock tire! Mine was touch drifty with the Dunlop.Was really bad on roads with seam seal wore it down any way wasn't anything that I couldn't deal with put the commander on front and rear.Also your cvo I think had 20wieght se oil in the front forks makes the front end stiffer and I think makes it fill more responsive.I call bullshi- on what mech has to say about tour pack.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkshift View Post
Sounds like the stock tire! Mine was touch drifty with the Dunlop.Was really bad on roads with seam seal wore it down any way wasn't anything that I couldn't deal with put the commander on front and rear.Also your cvo I think had 20wieght se oil in the front forks makes the front end stiffer and I think makes it fill more responsive.I call bullshi- on what mech has to say about tour pack.
I have agitators on the ultra with the factory dunlops, same tires ason the CVO and no issues. I just hate having to go slow because the bike isallocer the place at my normal highway speeds. I'm no speed demon or anything but FL is flat and when coming back home on the super slab from a full day in the saddle it's time to get where you need to be.

We will see when the madstad arrives, taking forever , and then I can see if that makes any difference.

Someone I know told me today he had a similar experience with his batwing ultra and the stock shield and that it went away after changing out the stock windshield, we will see.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Hangaround

Try a set of Michelin Commander 2's. Ya might be surprised.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:34 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
I have agitators on the ultra with the factory dunlops, same tires ason the CVO and no issues. I just hate having to go slow because the bike isallocer the place at my normal highway speeds. I'm no speed demon or anything but FL is flat and when coming back home on the super slab from a full day in the saddle it's time to get where you need to be.

We will see when the madstad arrives, taking forever , and then I can see if that makes any difference.

Someone I know told me today he had a similar experience with his batwing ultra and the stock shield and that it went away after changing out the stock windshield, we will see.
I didn't leave the stock shield on so my ultras handling was good when boss and I start heading home we push 80+I have to watch it if not on the cruse control I 'll be running 90 bike just seems real comfortable at that speed the back seat rider reminds me that I got two speeding tickets with the ultra this year and I hadn't had a speeding ticket in 10 years and she dosn't wan't to ground me as I told you embrace your inner geezer and live by old Quiks moto I my have to grow old but I don't have to grow up!!!!!!!!!! Ride safe let us know how the madstat works
Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Grey beard

Got back from riding today with DBell and my madstad was here, but......., in fighting with the brackets two of my well nuts fell into the fairing so an easy upgrade now turned into a pain in the arse of one. I'm assuming the two well nuts that fell in cracked because I tightened them too much we will see.

Anyhow, found something interesting out today on why my bike has been all over, the selling dealer put 0 psi in the rear air shocks, and my dealer close to home who said they checked the shocks didn't put any air in them either. Went to ride to breakfast with the wife in the morning and the shocks were empty, so I filled them to where needed and bike was fine today with and without the wife.

Hopefully the madstad install doesn't take me all day tomorrow, I did not enjoy putting my outer fairing back on the CVO when I did the handle bar swap........
Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Got back from riding today with DBell and my madstad was here, but......., in fighting with the brackets two of my well nuts fell into the fairing so an easy upgrade now turned into a pain in the arse of one. I'm assuming the two well nuts that fell in cracked because I tightened them too much we will see.

Anyhow, found something interesting out today on why my bike has been all over, the selling dealer put 0 psi in the rear air shocks, and my dealer close to home who said they checked the shocks didn't put any air in them either. Went to ride to breakfast with the wife in the morning and the shocks were empty, so I filled them to where needed and bike was fine today with and without the wife.

Hopefully the madstad install doesn't take me all day tomorrow, I did not enjoy putting my outer fairing back on the CVO when I did the handle bar swap........
Glad you found that we had two motor cops wreck this summer on brand new bikes that weren't HD talked to there commander this week one officer won't be returning to work medical retirement.The factory didn't put air in the rear shocks causing a sever shake that caused the officers to loose control
Old 11-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkshift View Post
Glad you found that we had two motor cops wreck this summer on brand new bikes that weren't HD talked to there commander this week one officer won't be returning to work medical retirement.The factory didn't put air in the rear shocks causing a sever shake that caused the officers to loose control
I should be getting a phone call from Howard sometime this week and the JRI's will be on......

Then if the bike wobbles I can't blame the crappy stock air shocks, lol
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Hangaround

Quote:

I know this is a few months old but how do you like the madstad?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

I doubt it's the windshield. My money is on the left turn signal switch. Ever consider a Yamaha?