Starting to plan my run to SW III and beyond - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Road Glide Gathering > ARCHIVES-SWIII St. George, UT

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Hangaround

Default Starting to plan my run to SW III and beyond

Looks like I drew the big straw in the vacation pool and got the week of shark week III off. I'm gonna leave KCMO on 7/26 or 7/27. RT 66 might be a fun ride and swing by the Grand Canyon for a spell. Then make it down to St. George on 7/30 and 7/31. I gotta take in Vegas and Hoover dam. Head out on 8/1 for someplace? I'd like to make it up to Sturgis by 8/3 or 8/4 and head on home 8/5 or 8/6. Gotta be back to work on 8/7.
I might ride up Highway 1 then cut across to Sturgis or Find a different way up there. I wanna do 1 day at the rally and the rest will be riding around up there.
Any ideas?
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Life Member

Your leaving from KCMO, your half way there! Looks like a good plan. Hope you expect to spend all three days with us at SWIII. It's a great base to ride out from on day trips and land back at the end of the day to share tales from the road.

I am also expecting to swing back home through Sturgis by touring along the Rocky Mountains range in some fashion. Usualy just wherever the front wheel points works good for me.

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...3797,45.966797
enjoy the ride
HRD

Hotrodad and his 2005 FLTRi, Black Pearl

Last edited by hotrodad; 12-22-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Glad to hear you'll be joining us, Landshark. If you haven't done so already, let TracyB know and she'll put you on the log of attendees. The Grand Canyon, Vegas (including Hoover Dam), Zion, and Bryce Canyon are all destinations that will be part of SW '13. I think you might want to think about extending that stay at St. George for a little. Plenty of people will be heading out via your intended direction.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Grey beard

Landshark there should be a few of us from KC heading to SWIII plus a bunch more passing through. I agree with Stay Mutt that you might want to extend your stay. The rides will be awesome and should hit all the sights. Plus it's a blast just to hang out at night with everyone. You will enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.