Yaffe stretched tank - Page 4 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Paint & Bodywork Section

Paint & Bodywork Section Post your paint & bodywork questions and issues here!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-23-2012, 07:31 PM

couple questions.

when do you plan to have it painted? I can't wait to see it.

how was sinister to deal with? I heard some bad stuff about their customer service.

Any idea if the side panels would fit well on stock bags with extensions?

thanks!

Nice lookin bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrgTRX View Post
couple questions.

how was sinister to deal with? I heard some bad stuff about their customer service.

thanks!

Nice lookin bike.
Its a Yaffe tank bud. All metal. I really like the Sinister ones but I couldn't wrap my head around tank covers and you either have to make a seat pan or use theres because the nose of the seat is so square. The Yaffe tank I got in 7 business days from Drag specialties. Good quality and very happy about it. Work got really busy with the storm so I haven't had a chance to continue working on it
Old 11-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrgTRX View Post
couple questions.

thanks!

Nice lookin bike.
LOL my apologies OrgTRX. I forgot I told you guys about the side covers! Its early sunday morning here now. The sinister side covers, yes I love them. They are constructed well and are heavy duty plastic. They will need some trimming and some prep for paint but well worth the money. My bikes whole rear end is Sinister I have not had one problem with anything except the Pissed off light bezel fits a little wonky. The parts come in within a week or so ordering online. Never had any issues. I heard some bad stuff about these guys also, you just have to keep in mind its custom stuff and it will always require some kind of tweaking and trimming. I am not sure how side covers would look with stock bags. Check out Fairing Factory they have CVO type Stretched bags for 400 bucks. They are solid and good quality
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 AM

Default yaffee stretched tank

Save yourself some money I bought the demon cycles stretched tank it is identical to the yaffee tank but cost only $479.99 with free shipping pair it with the Danny Gray seat for the Yaffee tank and your in business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6628-1.jpg (92.5 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6627-2.JPG (29.6 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by intpimp; 11-27-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intpimp View Post
Save yourself some money I bought the demon cycles stretched tank it is identical to the yaffee tank but cost only $479.99 with free shipping pair it with the Danny Gray seat for the Yaffee tank and your in business.
You know, I saw that tank on Demon Cycles. I didn't go with it because of all the negative feed back that I have seen online with that company. Glad you had good results! Lets see some pics of your tank
Old 11-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Life Member

It's going to look great... I might have to cop that same tank..

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intpimp View Post
Tank looks great! you get it mounted yet? You have pics of rest of bike?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reficul View Post
LOL my apologies OrgTRX. I forgot I told you guys about the side covers! Its early sunday morning here now. The sinister side covers, yes I love them. They are constructed well and are heavy duty plastic. They will need some trimming and some prep for paint but well worth the money. My bikes whole rear end is Sinister I have not had one problem with anything except the Pissed off light bezel fits a little wonky. The parts come in within a week or so ordering online. Never had any issues. I heard some bad stuff about these guys also, you just have to keep in mind its custom stuff and it will always require some kind of tweaking and trimming. I am not sure how side covers would look with stock bags. Check out Fairing Factory they have CVO type Stretched bags for 400 bucks. They are solid and good quality
Gotcha.

I should've specified. Stock bags with extensions. So its an extended bag, looks just like yaffe's, sinister's, etc

When are you gonna have your tank painted? When are you gonna have your seat trimmed? I'm real hesitant to get the Yaffee tank or any extenstion and get stuck with a La Pera seat. It sounds like the La Pera Sillhouette is hard and not comfortable for long rides. I do a lot of long distance riding so a seat that's only comfortable for bar hopping is not gonna cut it.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Shark of the Month August 13

Danny Gray makes a few different seats for the Yaffe tanks.........just a though

Last time I looked at these; Eastern Performance was selling the tank and a Danny Gray week day 2up seat for $1K shipped
Old 12-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Life Member

I was wondering about the Danny grey 2 up seat. The La Pera is a little hard but the passenger pad is 14" which is good for the wifes big ass.