Schberth C3 flip up - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Additional Related Discussions > Helmets

Helmets Anything and everything to do about Helmets!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 07-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Prospect

Thumbs up Schberth C3 flip up

Well I went for it really like the helmet & would highly recommend HOWEVER there is one problem with this helmet & I have informed Schberth of the problem .......the Germans are so controlling in their design that the face shield closes @ about 30 mph with a fairing bike in 100 degree heat NO helmet is comfortable after An off the record conversations with them if one places Velcro inside the latches it stiffens the shield latch and it will stay open in the first two latch settings which is needed in high heat conditions, the blue tooth is awesome . Again without this small mod riding in high heat is impossible with mod the cooling is good all day comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Grey beard

I have the same gripe with mine. It's about my only complaint. A truly awesome helmet! Thanks for the Velcro tip!

Jeff
Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Hangaround

I have that problem with mine as well. I also have two Madstad windshields. A 13" and a 16". The visor only drops down when I have the 13" on.

The pinlock anti-fog works great.

I do like the noise reduction this helmet provides. I'm more comfortable driving at higher speeds due to less wind noise and buffeting.

I sent mine to J&M and they added an integrated headset. I didn't want to go the bluetooth route as I have my GPS with cellphone bluetooth and XM radio integrated into my HD stereo. It works great!

What I don't like:
- The sun visor is crap for a helmet this expensive. It's foggy looking. I thought perhaps there was a plastic cover on it that I hadn't pealed off but that's not the case. It's okay in very bright conditions but not very good in high glare conditions such as the morning or late day as the sun sets.
- The band in the helmet that covers the front to the back of your head really starts to cut into my scalp after a long ride. After a while it feels like sand paper on my forehead. I have to stop and take the helmet off periodically. It leaves a visible mark. Note, that I'm bald so this may not be the case for those who have hair. The helmet is a 2XL. My head is more oval than round.

Overall I like the helmet. I can live with the sun visor issues but I'm going to have to find a way to solve the strap issue.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:02 PM

I bought the C3 a few weeks ago and used it on a 6 day road trip.

I like the sunscreen but it's the first helmet I've had with one The antifog visor is great.

I've got a 12" Klock Werks screen and find it rather noisy. It might be the screen rather than the helmet. Gotta try another windscreen.

It might be the windscreen, but my visor stays up until 70kph (40+mph). When it does close, it's rather abrupt.

Like all helmets, it leaves a bit of a mark on the top front of my long oval 2xl head. But it's not as bad as most helmets.

So far so good.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjeff View Post
I have the same gripe with mine. It's about my only complaint. A truly awesome helmet! Thanks for the Velcro tip!

Jeff
a rubber o ring works as well and looks better imo
Old 09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Hangaround

$500+ for a helmet and you need to put velcro in it to make it work? Sounds like paying $20K for a motorcycle and then changing seats, windshields and handlebars first thing :-)
Old 10-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Hangaround

Where exactly are you placing the velcro (or o-ring). Any Pics?
Thanks
Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 AM

Have been using the C-3 for over a year on both SG and a RGC. Never had it close at any speed. Didn't know it was a problem until reading this thread. Like the helmet a lot except for trying to get it on with my prescription sunglasses.
I think the Neotec has a slot on the liner to allow for glasses. Nice touch.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Grey beard

Yup fantastic helmet -- I'm still trying to shave away some front foam for my melon head !!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.