Cruise Help!!! please - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Troubleshooting for Road Glides

Troubleshooting for Road Glides List your Road Glide problems here, and DR. Ruth will answer them.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-25-2012, 10:53 AM

Default Cruise Help!!! please

The cruise on my glide is acting weird, At the module i have all my signals, (brake, set, resume, on/off, etc) I checked wires from the speed sensor to ecm and cruise module, ok, Have my 5v ref volt at speed sensor as well as a ground. Tach output wire good. Every now or then (when it wants) i will try to engage it and it will set but as soon as i hit accell or resume it shuts down and will not do anything. Yesterday a friend came over with his 03 road king, The modules had the same part number on them so we swapped modules, performed cable lash sequence per manual and his continued to work but mine did not. I check his switches from the set/resume to the module with ign off and they read 40ohms when pushed either way and mine read 19 ohms either way BUT with ignition on on both bikes they read battery voltage in either way (set or resume) at the module. I called the dealer and they said the swithes were the same in 03 and 06. So i was wondering about the speed sensor? was going to swap them but dealer said they are different. look the same but maybe internals are different. Anyone have any ideas? Yes cables have been changed but roll off switch is new and had this problem before cables replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 AM

See if your throwing any codes
Old 11-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Grey beard

Are you running any type of Fuel Management? Had an issue with my 10 and the settings in the PowerCommander V. One click fixed the issue.
2012 FLTRXSE 113 Build ~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 13" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals Jet Hot Black, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro940's & Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660
Old 11-25-2012, 03:03 PM

I tried to pull codes by holding set switch and turning ignition on. Won't even go into self test mode. Checked wires at module from switch. All good. Battery voltage when applied. Not shorted.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Grey beard

Define "acting weird".
Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 PM

it would set but as soon as i hit accell or hit the brake and cancelled operation it would not reset. now it does not even set anymore, light comes on when i turn the power switch on.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool4t6 View Post
I tried to pull codes by holding set switch and turning ignition on. Won't even go into self test mode. Checked wires at module from switch. All good. Battery voltage when applied. Not shorted.
I am not saying that you didn't follow the DTC directions correctly when you tried to find the bikes codes but you need to follow them exactly as posted. Once you turn the ignition on with the reset button held down you need to release the reset button then you should see the speedometer needle sweep it's full range, make sure your run/stop switch on the handlebars is in the run position before you attempt the retrieve your codes. All the code modes and readings if any will be displayed on the odometer display. If you can't get into the DTC mode then you may not be following the access proceedure correctly and you should try again. Your cruise not working properly may be because there is a code present in the ECM and if the code is cleared the cruise may start to function properly of course there may be a mechanical problem that needs to be address as well and if there is a code present it may steer you in the right direction, there are other things that may affect the cruise function besides the cruise module so check every DTC mode.