Anyone use the Kuryakyn Hi-Five Mach 2 Air Cleaner? - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 PM

Default Anyone use the Kuryakyn Hi-Five Mach 2 Air Cleaner?

Thinking of getting the two tone. It mirrors some PM or RSD but is more affordable at $240. Any feedback from current owners would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Life Member

They are a decent a/c for the money. My dads runnin one on his limited. Looks good. I just ordered a RSD.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:43 PM

just got a mach 2

liked the saving vs RSD. liked the design better as well - after having installed it i not sure i made the correct decision, the back plate is small you can see the throttle body harness on the side and rubber hoses for breathers on top.

the RSD has bolts to breather as well as to throttle surface

not sure about which flows better but seeing higher quality of the RSD makes me wonder if they put more R&D in it
Old 06-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Grey beard

Ive got one. I have the zombie edition medallion. I like it. Good price, easy install. Its a cosmetic and price thing i would say if comparing it to RSD. I dont think your extra dollars will get you better performance from another manufacture(IMO).
2011 RGC, Sedona Orange 103" w/ 48H cams,PM Icon 21" wheel,Kury Mach 2 intake,Jackpot 3.5, PM brake and shift levers, CB 14" TRSSC shield, Sinister 14" apes, custom levers.Black exhaust,floorboards,pegs and crash bar.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Life Member

Went with RSD just b/c I knew id be getting a quality a/c machined in the USA. Not knockin the kury though. Cant say how they would perform again one another.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt.bagger.11 View Post
just got a mach 2

liked the saving vs RSD. liked the design better as well - after having installed it i not sure i made the correct decision, the back plate is small you can see the throttle body harness on the side and rubber hoses for breathers on top.

the RSD has bolts to breather as well as to throttle surface

not sure about which flows better but seeing higher quality of the RSD makes me wonder if they put more R&D in it
I ended up going with a PM Super Gas. I like the option of being able to make my own insert for the front cover. Plus it was only $40 more than the Mach....

Dirt.bagger, I noticed the breather hoses in a blown up pic. Can you post some pics just incase someone else is looking to buy this one?

Thanks
Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Life Member

Well my question on which would perform better just got answered. My RSD came in today and just got done putting it on. The rubber surround on the filter had kuryakyn stamped on it!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:40 PM

DOH !!!