USAA Insurance-goodbye - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Additional Related Discussions > Motorcycle Insurance

Motorcycle Insurance Let's list our insurance companies here, what we pay them and if your experience with a certain company has been good or bad.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Grey beard

Default USAA Insurance-goodbye

My wife and I have been USAA customers for a combined 64 years; car, house, life, cycle.

We were never at fault for an accident.

We only made one house claim for a small roof leak.

All premiums always paid on time.

Here is how they lost our business:

1. When I sold a bike -- but did not immediately add a new bike -- they dropped my mc insurance and sent me to Progressive - much higher rate -- we are now at Foremost.

2. For the last 3 years our car premiums have increased. My wife called to ask why. The response: "We have not been making enough money in Virginia so we need to increase premiums."

Once again, if you work hard and are ethical you will get screwed. DOOF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Life Member

when i bought my first bike back in 02, i thought i would go with usaa. well, they wanted $600 for 6 month policy. for a sportster 883! ended up going with progressive through hd, $125 for the year. been with them ever since. though must admit, with having 2 road glides, the rate has gone up a little since then

still have my cars insured through them though. haven't found anyone who can touch them. maybe your va brethren need to learn to drive better, lol....

funny thing is, i bought my original sportster back. when i added it as the third bike on my policy, my annual rate dropped about $100. i figure if i add 9 more bikes, they'll be paying me
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Grey beard

I've been with USAA for 37 years and they'll be my last insurance co. Have my house and 2 cars insured with them, as well as all of my investments. Bummed that they don't offer bike insurance anymore in Texas. But Progressive has been ok, I just renewed my 2 bike full coverage policy for 816 including the disappearing deductible.

'03 Deuce: 87k miles and counting, '11 RGU: 60k miles and counting. Celebrating 40 years in the saddle in 2014.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM

USAA did the same thing to me, I asked why my premiums went up and they told me because there was too many claims in Texas. I've never had a claim and I get punished? I have my bike ins with Geico.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Denim Black
103"
V&H Power Duals (Black)
V&H High output slip-ons (Black)
Screamin Eagle Ventilator AC (Black)
Old 11-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Life Member

I have HomeOwners brokered with USAA since they do not write in FL any longer. I called about the Auto Insurance and they were DOUBLE what State Farm is. I was shocked considering Allstate is offering auto rates lower than State Farm right now. Seems Teaser rates to buy the business is common practice today ~ then a year later you can watch your rates increase 30%. Frustrating.....
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 PM

USAA is just not the company they once were. I was a loyal customer for 20+ years; now just have my checking account with them only. Now I'm with Allstate for insurance and who ever has the lowest rate for a loan. I don't even call/check USAA anymore because they can't complete anymore.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Hangaround

USAA was better when they only offered services to military and their family members.

Now that pretty much anyone can be a member has made it a very different company....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post
USAA was better when they only offered services to military and their family members.

Now that pretty much anyone can be a member has made it a very different company....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
+1 on that
Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Grey beard

Its all about profit margins... Most insurance companies, at the corporate exec level, are more interested in making money than providing a service. They make decisions based on their bonuses and shareholder pressure not on the best interest of customers. Its a free market and so called regulations are easily managed by dlicing snd diving statistics in creative ways to reflect whatever they desire. A bit of tort reform might help ease some of the pains as well. Me and the Gecko have been friends for 10 years and i havent been screwed by him.......yet...

2009 Vivid Black FLTR, Gold Flame collection, Cee Bailey 18" TRSSC Dome, BOOM speakers, Kury FB extensions, Heritage Style bars

Old 11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Life Member

I thought you still had to be military or a family member to get insurance through USAA. Banking and investment services can be pretty much anyone though.