V&H Power Duals or Jackpot ceramic 2/1/2? - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Life Member

Default V&H Power Duals or Jackpot ceramic 2/1/2?

I'll be changing the stock exhaust on my 2012 FLTRX this winter and have pretty much decided to go with the Vance & Hines Power Duals 2-1-2 head pipes and the Monster Round slip ons. My thinking is that sticking with one vendor makes things more seamless. No questions about parts working together, etc. Plus additional purchases (AC, tuner, etc) can also be more easily added. Am I wrong here? The reason I ask is because I've been reading about the Fuel Moto Jackpot ceramic pipes. Judging from their website and what I've read here, the quality sure seems to be there. I'm especially interested in the cooler oil temps found when running these pipes. Is the difference in temperature that significant? I've only owned this bike a short time but I've read/heard that keeping them cool is an issue and if I can address that issue, at least to some degree by using the ceramic coated pipes than maybe I should go that route. Also, I noticed that FM does not provide heat shields. Anyone have any issues with stock heat shields not aligning properly, etc? They do offer a lifetime warranty which I like. This will be my first attempt at installing an exhaust system. All advice/opinions appreciated!
2012 FLTRX, BBP, 13" MadStad, Fuel Moto Pro Billet AC and 4" Dyno Tuned Jackpots, catless header, DinoJet Power Vision, Horizon Helibars, Iron Aces mount, HD Aileron grips, Ward's cooling fans, Mustang Wide Tripper solo, CD Plasma Rods and LED turns...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM

Just finished installing Jackpot 2-1-2 ceramics, vance and hines monster ovals and Jackpot/FM air cleaner. Flashed with Power Vision. I watched the Harley D mechanic install and he had no problems what so ever. Stock heat shields fit fine. 2013 RGU
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Prospect

I would recommend going the Fuel Moto route. The factory heat shields will fit on their head pipe. Their head pipe will fit nicely to the Vance & Hines mufflers of your choice. The guys at Fuel Moto will work with on what you will need for a tuner and map. I have had very good experiences working with them.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Hangaround

I have the Jackpot headers on my FLTRU and the stock heatshields fit perfectly. The headers fit perfectly and they do cool down the bike. I run the stock mufflers and they sound great too! The V&H Power duals look like they stole the concept from Jackpot, but they work too. A friend has them along with the Monster Rounds on his Road King and they sound nice, not too loud until you get on it. I would recommend Fuel Moto to anyone, I've had nothing but good luck and great service with all their products. Either way you go, you will need a tuner for the ECU and Jamie knows his stuff.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 AM

I have the V&H Power Duals on my bike with the V&H Hi-Output slip ons. I love them. I have no experience with the Fuel Moto pipes, so I can't compare, but I've had no trouble with the V&H.

2012 FLTRU
110cid w/V&H Power Duals/Hi-Output, HD Heavy Breather, HD Race Tuner, J&M Rokker Series Front/Rear w/500w amp
2005 VN2000
125cid w/V&H Powershots and PC III. 116+ hp, 140+ lbs/ft torque. FOR SALE
1962 XLCH
Full on Custom Chopper w/many one-off parts.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:40 PM

I took my bike up to Fuel Moto and they sold and installed the V&H Power Duals, their Stage one air filter, and Power Vision. Fuel Moto also sells V&H as well as their line, so you could go either way there. I went with the Power Duals at their recommendation because they were out of stock on their header, but they assured me the Power Duals was a good way to go also. I've been extremely happy.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Life Member

I placed an order with Fuel Moto for their Pro Billet air cleaner and a Power Vision tuner. I'll get those installed and then just choose between Jackpot or V&H for the header pipes and slip ons. Either way I'll be ordering from FM. I've read countless positive comments on their customer service so that's the way I'll go. I'm just curious as to how much cooler the ceramic coated pipes actually are.
2012 FLTRX, BBP, 13" MadStad, Fuel Moto Pro Billet AC and 4" Dyno Tuned Jackpots, catless header, DinoJet Power Vision, Horizon Helibars, Iron Aces mount, HD Aileron grips, Ward's cooling fans, Mustang Wide Tripper solo, CD Plasma Rods and LED turns...

Tags
fuel moto , jackpot , power duals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.