Would love to get your thoughts on my new blog review... - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Grey beard

Great to see an unbiased review of these...a real shortage of reviews on a lot of accessories.Nice job!

that being said though...I kinda wondered about the "We noticed very little difference in the amount of air that was hitting our body"...lol.

we don't like the wind,it might disturb our precious...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 10:33 PM

Vic I liked your detailed honesty, being politically correct about recommending them at the end give it a ranking instead of recommending them. After listening to your review I wouldn’t waste dime on them. Jut my 2 cent be safe.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Grey beard

I have lowers on the Skunk and can say I felt a noticeable improvement with the wings. Averaging about 40k per year I usually do one Mod at a time to determine if it will improve the air flow of the bike ~ I use the clears on the Skunk and they are barely noticeable. They will remain on the bike ~ my last mod for airflow is the black Front Fork Air Baffle ~ this improved my batwings and I hope it has the same benefits on the RG. Good Review overall although I feel like the lowers were an Improvement the Wings improved airflow even more. SemperFi
2012 FLTRXSE 113 Build ~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 13" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals Jet Hot Black, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro940's & Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660
Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 AM

I enjoyed the review and had been on the fence about the wings. if it were just me, I wouldn't but it's my backseater that tells me she is affected by buffeting. Regardless - good job on your approach and write-up.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:30 AM

Default Your findings don't seem to match mine!

The first ride on my 12 Ultra was from Los Angeles to the SF Bay area having gotten a killer deal making it worth traveling to purchase it. About 30 miles into the trip home I had to stop at a Walmart to buy Advil for the pounding headache caused from the wind pulses banging against my head. My glasses were literally all over my face from the wind blurring my vision. At this point I was sick that I had purchased this motorcycle. The RG is my 26th motorcycle and never have I experienced anything like the buffeting this thing produced. I had made the decision while riding home that my new bike was for sale if there wasn't a fix for this problem.

I started with a Windvest windscreen which didn't help much if at all. I ordered a set of Sancho's Wings thinking that if they worked they would bail me out from a horrible mistake. I road once with my wife before they arrived, but I took 4 Advil tabs before leaving. We rode over to the Coast for Clam Chowder and guess what? Wifey tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to pull over so she could take a couple of Advil as well.

Getting to the point... Sancho's Wings have removed enough of the buffeting issues that I really like my bike now. My wife also called the results magic. I can't say enough good about these things.

So Vic, I'm not disputing your findings but I am wondering how your results are do different from what I experienced? I'm 6'2" and my wife sits about the same height on the raised back seat. Out of curiosity I'm wondering if rider height has something to do with getting knocked goofy by a RoadGlide without the Wings? Is there any chance that you are significantly taller, or shorter than me?

Last edited by CalVet; 11-24-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalVet View Post
The first ride on my 12 Ultra was from Los Angeles to the SF Bay area having gotten a killer deal making it worth traveling to purchase it. About 30 miles into the trip home I had to stop at a Walmart to buy Advil for the pounding headache caused from the wind pulses banging against my head. My glasses were literally all over my face from the wind blurring my vision. At this point I was sick that I had purchased this motorcycle. The RG is my 26th motorcycle and never have I experienced anything like the buffeting this thing produced. I had made the decision while riding home that my new bike was for sale if there wasn't a fix for this problem.

I started with a Windvest windscreen which didn't help much if at all. I ordered a set of Sancho's Wings thinking that if they worked they would bail me out from a horrible mistake. I road once with my wife before they arrived, but I took 4 Advil tabs before leaving. We rode over to the Coast for Clam Chowder and guess what? Wifey tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to pull over so she could take a couple of Advil as well.

Getting to the point... Sancho's Wings have removed enough of the buffeting issues that I really like my bike now. My wife also called the results magic. I can't say enough good about these things.

So Vic, I'm not disputing your findings but I am wondering how your results are do different from what I experienced? I'm 6'2" and my wife sits about the same height on the raised back seat. Out of curiosity I'm wondering if rider height has something to do with getting knocked goofy by a RoadGlide without the Wings? Is there any chance that you are significantly taller, or shorter than me?
I 5'10" with Lowers on my bike and think this is the best $40 spent ~ I'm not disputing the review only providing my experience ~ All I have to say is keep the reviews comin ~ sometimes I will agree ~ sometimes I won't ~ but I will always read and consider them ~ SemperFi ~ I also put on the Front Fork air baffle ~ another improvement in my book ~ am waiting to get the final seat before I dial in the MadStad ~
2012 FLTRXSE 113 Build ~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 13" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals Jet Hot Black, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro940's & Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660
Old 11-24-2012, 06:15 PM

CalVet,

First off, thanks for reading my blog review! I appreciate the feedback. I"m 5'11. I actually rode with the wings for 2-3 months prior to doing this review, so I had a lot of time to think about the writeup. Only in the actual video did I take one of the wings off. The side without the wings felt almost exactly like the side with the wings. As I stated in the video, I personally didnt notice that much of a difference. I'm not saying there wasnt any, its just that whatever difference there was, it wasnt enough to make me want to keep them. I really am unsure why some people swear by them and others don't. For me, I think the fact that I already had excellent lower wind protection kind of diminished what the wings brought to the table. It just wasnt there for me. I do recommend the product. I support Sancho and I think he makes a solid product. This review is just one mans perspective and I tried to be as fair as possible.

Again, thanks for visiting my website, and thanks to RoadGlide.org for allowing me to share my blogs/reviews on this site.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Administrator

A good objective and clearly presented review. Great use of photos, which is of great importance IMO. I would have liked to have seen a test and review without the lowers to confirm that the lowers are actually the cause of your conclusion that the difference was minimal, but I think your conclusion was fair and reasonable. You're a good writer.