It's Been a Busy Week. Here's Another Review... - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 AM

Default It's Been a Busy Week. Here's Another Review...

Review of Kuryakyn's Road Glide Windshield Trim.

Let me know what ya think.

Thanks, Vic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Grey beard

Nice write up. Admins moved my question about the HD windshield trim to the windshield forum.

I took the HD trim off based on feedback that it damaged the paint on their bike, so I wonder if this Kury part would do the same. (The HD part has rubber backing as well).

I cant believe I'm saying this, but this Kury trim looks better than the HD trim.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 AM

Nice review, I was on the fence as to buying one of these. You may have just pushed me off after reading your review and see how nice it looks.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 AM

I started out with the HD piece and it sucked so I changed to the Kuryakyn piece and it is much better !!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Life Member

Nice write up, Vic. I've heard way too many horror stories about the ill-fitting HD trim ... looks like Kury is the way to go if you're after this look. I also prefer the clean look of the Kury over the "Road Glide" logo text on HD's version. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInABucket View Post
I took the HD trim off based on feedback that it damaged the paint on their bike, so I wonder if this Kury part would do the same. (The HD part has rubber backing as well).

I cant believe I'm saying this, but this Kury trim looks better than the HD trim.
Even the stock rubber HD trim will damage paint. Dirt and dust gets under there and acts like an orbital sander because of normal vibration. Anything that contacts your paint (rubber or not), will scratch if dirt and dust accumulates (seats included). Can't really blame HD for this ... on the other hand, LOTS of aftermarket parts are "better" than HD's offerings.

2011 FLTRX 103

VH Dresser Duals | Klock Werks SS | HD Ventilator | Power Vision | Santees 11in Apes | CB SSC Euro 15in
Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Shock View Post
Nice write up, Vic. I've heard way too many horror stories about the ill-fitting HD trim ... looks like Kury is the way to go if you're after this look. I also prefer the clean look of the Kury over the "Road Glide" logo text on HD's version. Thanks for sharing.
From the pics on the Kury site the chrome one appears to have their goofy skull in the center, but I cant tell from the op's pics if its on the black one, but would presume so.

From the Kury site:

Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInABucket View Post
From the pics on the Kury site the chrome one appears to have their goofy skull in the center, but I cant tell from the op's pics if its on the black one, but would presume so.
I think that pic is from the Airmaster windshield product page. The skull might be an add-on option but here are pics from the actual trim product page - no skulls. (same pics on Vic's review page) I don't do skulls ... lol

2011 FLTRX 103

VH Dresser Duals | Klock Werks SS | HD Ventilator | Power Vision | Santees 11in Apes | CB SSC Euro 15in
Old 11-26-2012, 10:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gkt33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppa1 View Post
I started out with the HD piece and it sucked so I changed to the Kuryakyn piece and it is much better !!
+1! Had mine for more than a yr. now looking at the black one!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Shock View Post
I think that pic is from the Airmaster windshield product page. The skull might be an add-on option but here are pics from the actual trim product page - no skulls. (same pics on Vic's review page) I don't do skulls ... lol
Got a link handy? I'm not finding it... [never mind, I found it, thanks]

Last edited by HellInABucket; 11-26-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the read today fellaz. I was actually really impressed by this piece. It's a keeper in my book.

Tags
kuryakyn , windshield trim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.