The most non-mechanical person on earth's build here: - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Road Glide Builds-Document your builds HERE --NEW

Road Glide Builds-Document your builds HERE --NEW Road Glide Builds. Please post photos of your builds to help the rest of us out. All information is welcome but please limit it to Roadglide builds!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11FLTRX103 View Post
I'm in for watching this one ;-) I just hope you dont make an exact clone to my black beauty hehe
Hmmm..

Vivid Blk RGC : check
Blk apes: check
blk pipes: check
some chrome: check
painted inner fairing: check

BUT, when I'm done "Black Beauty" is going to look like a red headed step child!!!!

j/k.... don't think I'll be able to match ya, that's one bad looking RGC you got!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Grey beard

Earth to Dan, don't be getting too crazy we have a ride to make in July LL....J/k my friend looks like you're off to a good start. What color are you painting the inner?

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
Earth to Dan, don't be getting too crazy we have a ride to make in July LL....J/k my friend looks like you're off to a good start. What color are you painting the inner?
Trust me I know!!!! I'm crossing the days off on my cal.... I've got a map hanging in my office with a mock route even!!!

good old shiny black, got a good deal from a local painter...should have it back in a week or 2.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Grey beard

Dan, your all in now brother!

See its not so hard after all. You can do anything cosmetic and external to the engine by following good directions in the manual and from advice from fellow tank members here.

The only thing I won't do yet is internal engine changes, cams, cylinders and pistons, primary gear changes and transmission. I leave those to the guys that went to school to do those things. They are much more patient, and know their way around the internal combustion air pump better than I.

Good Luck and take tons of pictures for your own good and of course for the benefit of all us lurking sharks in here.

Troy
Calgaryglide. '08 Road Glide, Platinum White with wood trim, Thundermax Autotune, Dragula 2:1, Drago 510 cams, Glidepro motor mount and rear bushing, Zippers chain tensioners, K&N a/c, BAL, Rokker XTs and lots of other stuff.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post
Hmmm..

Vivid Blk RGC : check
Blk apes: check
blk pipes: check
some chrome: check
painted inner fairing: check

BUT, when I'm done "Black Beauty" is going to look like a red headed step child!!!!

j/k.... don't think I'll be able to match ya, that's one bad looking RGC you got!!!!!
Haha and she is still changing everyday! I've got a pile of parts waiting for powder coater to finish moving his shop....heres a little taste for ya
Old 11-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Dan, its nothing but fun & money from here. You do one little thing and that leads to another, and another! We wont even recognize you come July.
Good luck on the build, we're looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

05 RG 'Lymey'
Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Grey beard

Hey Dan if you haven't seen it check out this catalog before you put your bike back together....some cool stuff!

http://depss.com/catalogs/de/

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real
Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Grey beard

Hey Dan, I'm wondering since you have the fairing apart are you swapping out your gauges as well?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
Hey Dan, I'm wondering since you have the fairing apart are you swapping out your gauges as well?
I am... but no digital for me... to $$$

Putting in the Titanium faced gauges... I like the looks and the price is good are reasonable priced from Horny Toad.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Life Member

Congrats on your initiative! Know you are gonna have a blast doing the work yourself. Looking forward to following the progress of the build.
2011 RG Ultra Silver Pearl with Midnight Black Pearl inner fairing, Roland Sands breather, 255 cams, V and H Power duals/wdual slash ovals, Power Vision, Hog Tunes Big RG speakers/160 watt amp/ tweeter pod, HD Hammock heated seat, Jagg fan assist 10 row oil cooler, 12" KromeWerks Apes,14'' light smoke Windvest.