good deal? sounds too good to be true. RH TD 50% off - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post

By the way Garemlin, I blame you for posting this crap to start with... So in my book you owe me 389 BUCKS!!

Damn save a guy 60% and he wants to hate. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
The SKU from EP page pulls up Chrome w/ black tips. (thank god, I wont be spending more $$ tonight)

http://rinehartracing.com/exhausts/true-duals/100-0300

Fire-Medic - I know your pretty hip to Dragos systems, I was really thinking i would go that route this summer but this was to good to pass up. Any idea if I can I use Dragos head pipes with the 4" RH slip ons?
You would have to ask Frank about the diameter of the header where it meets the slip-ons to be sure, but I believe it would be no issue because I have seen a coupe guys running the dragos header with other slip-ons.

I just had a good experience with Frank, he's a straight shooter, and his duals sound bad ass. The ceramic coating is a huge plus too, and around my parts everyone and their mother has Rineharts, but while I had Frank's dual setup, I never once met anyone with the same pipes, but everyone was asking about them.

These prices would be hard to pass up though, but I am going 2-1 on the Ultra so no duals for me. I'm just trying to help with the info because I researched the crap out of the Rinehart's and have a good handle on what is what. The end all be all is just cross referencing the sku #'s with the RH website and cross referencing that info with the retailer, remember at some point someone manually entered all this crap on that website, and it would not be all that uncommon for someone to type something incorrectly, either sku # or description.

FM
Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 PM

Just copped one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Fire-Medic - I know your pretty hip to Dragos systems, I was really thinking i would go that route this summer but this was to good to pass up. Any idea if I can I use Dragos head pipes with the 4" RH slip ons?
I will find out for sure in a couple weeks. I have the 4"RH's and already and ordered the S/C/S drago head pipes. My understanding is there will be no issue with the fit.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksarauer View Post
I will find out for sure in a couple weeks. I have the 4"RH's and already and ordered the S/C/S drago head pipes. My understanding is there will be no issue with the fit.
There shouldn't be so long as you got the RH slip-ons and not the replacement mufflers for their TD system which have a larger inlet diameter.

Standard slip-on inlet diameter (where it meets the header) is 1.75", the Rinehart mufflers for their full systems are 2", so when buying Rinehart mufflers you need to triple check for the correct part number and make sure you're getting the 1.75" setup.

Last edited by Fire-Medic; 11-27-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksarauer View Post
Please do post and let me know. That's the exact route I was planning.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Life Member

Great deals to be sure but correct me if I'm wrong....isn't the best performance from a 2 into 1 followed by a 2/1/2 headpipe? I've always heard tru-duals gave the least performance of the three....in fact I don't think Fuelmoto even makes a tru-dual do they? Tru-duals do look the best.

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real
Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
Great deals to be sure but correct me if I'm wrong....isn't the best performance from a 2 into 1 followed by a 2/1/2 headpipe? I've always heard tru-duals gave the least performance of the three....in fact I don't think Fuelmoto even makes a tru-dual do they? Tru-duals do look the best.
The answer to this is very subjective and one of the endless debates about performance dealing with bikes.

Having said that, 2 bikes ago I had a 2-1-2 setup, last bike had duals, this bike will be getting a 2-1.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
Ya I think your pretty close to being on target from everyhting I've read.

Dragos claims his ScS headers are pretty close to 2:1:2 (if you use his mufflers) "With are combo we claim same performance as a 2:1:2 But must have our Headers and Mufflers."

That will be close enough for me. Im more looking for a good sound and good looks than squeezing every ounce of performance. Plus his headers are ceramic coated, so I'm hoping it will reduce some heat... Keep in mind I'm running the factory 2:1 w/ cats now... so I'm expecting a little bump in perf, hell even if its on par to what I have now I'll be happy.

I've never had a bike with duals, so im pretty excited to see / hear them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.