CA weekend ride - Page 5 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Organize Rides Here

Organize Rides Here Use this space to organize a Glide Ride in you area!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinharley View Post
Can you guys start a thread and just pick on each other. You remind me of all of my buddies... It would be the most read thread on here..
Tell me about it man. What can I do? The guy is a damn bully! Dateline should do a special. Its the price I pay for asking him RG related questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Palm Pilot Richie........it's foggy today, smoke signals will not work, i repeat, will not work today. Banging your drum may work but please don't ever put me in the same sentence with you and your "war drum" again.......thank you

Oh, and for dateline. We've talked, they wanted to go prime time but said it wouldn't work if most of the episode was bleeped out LOL

Laxin........this guy just won't quit, ya know. I try to go easy, make him feel good about himself, all the nice things. But he's as outta place as a three-legged cat at the dog pound. He needs help, and I'm just trying to be there for him LMAO

Call me RichieRich lol "you got mail" an no not that kind, is about spring

Last edited by SIC_26; 11-27-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 PM

I'm local to the "Modesto" area, so I might be up for day rides from the Jamestown area. I'll keep lurking for details as they become available.
Even with a really heavy snow year.... Hwy 120 or 140 to/from Yosemite will be open as well as Hwy 49 from Oakhurst to Grass Valley.
Here is a link to recent years/route closure dates for the passes... http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/clsdlst.htm

Nice day ride south out of Jamestown on 49 to Mariposa, Hwy 140 in to Yosemite returning via Hwy 120, although the traffic (buses) on 120 can suck. About 165 miles / 4 hours saddle time round trip.

2009 FLTR Mirage Orange
2007 Nightster Silver / Black Denim... SOLD
Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 PM

SmokinToad, thanks for the info!! Very useful and appreciated hope you'll be able to swing out for a day trip or two while we're all out that way. Hoping it will be a good time with a bunch of good folks (minus "that one guy" lol)

Was actually just out your way last weekend, rode out to Lodi for lunch at the brewery. From here there's a few good day trips out your way
Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 PM

@GoneBlack... no problem
If you haven't run 49 from Coulterville south to Mariposa for lunch at Happy Burger, you should when you have a chance.
140 is IMHO the best route into Yosemite... light traffic, no tall vehicles through the Yosemite gate due to big granite boulder tunnel, and the weight limited "temporary" bridges from the landslide road blockage some years ago.

2009 FLTR Mirage Orange
2007 Nightster Silver / Black Denim... SOLD
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Life Member

I just inked my plans for the Redwood Run. I go every year (except last year) with 3 of my friends. We turn it into an 8 day ride. We'll be going through Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Lassen Volcanic, Mt.Shasta, Eureka, and Piercy before heading back down the Calif coast to LA. We'll be camping the entire trip. I'll hook up with the group at the Redwood Run if you guys decide to go. I love road trips!!!!!!

You don't know until you CVO
Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Hangaround

Funny you guys posted this I'm in Southern California and am looking for some fellow shark nose riders to ride with down here. Definitely interested in this trip. I also do alot of weekend trips so if anyone is interested let me know.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMastiff View Post
I just inked my plans for the Redwood Run. I go every year (except last year) with 3 of my friends. We turn it into an 8 day ride. We'll be going through Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Lassen Volcanic, Mt.Shasta, Eureka, and Piercy before heading back down the Calif coast to LA. We'll be camping the entire trip. I'll hook up with the group at the Redwood Run if you guys decide to go. I love road trips!!!!!!
Anyone brought up the area of Edison Lake, Talk about luxury in the lap of wilderness......I may start a seasonal job up there this may, Camp opens around June if anyone is interested, check the website http://www.edisonlake.com/ may be able to set something up, Skip
Old 12-09-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperfltr View Post
Anyone brought up the area of Edison Lake, Talk about luxury in the lap of wilderness......I may start a seasonal job up there this may, Camp opens around June if anyone is interested, check the website http://www.edisonlake.com/ may be able to set something up, Skip
I'll take a look at this for sure, thank you sir!

Blue shark.......you shoulda me the trip, I think it will be a real good time
Old 12-17-2012, 06:43 PM

Okay, so my bike is gone at the painter for a little bit and since "someone" said my OCD always has to have something to do. I'm going to start getting going on this a little bit and try and workout some of the details. I think I may have a hotel lined up in Sonora that has a decent rate (hopefully I can get it down lower)

We're thinking May, Friday the 17th through Monday the 20th. Are there any major objections to this?? Obviously the more then better, if you could even just make it for the weekend that would be fine. I would like to make this as strong a turn out a possible