2013 110 Anniversary RGC Passenger backrest - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Seating: seats, backrests

Seating: seats, backrests SEATING: seats, backrests for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-27-2012, 07:12 PM

Default 2013 110 Anniversary RGC Passenger backrest

I recently purchased the a 2013 anniversary model CVO Road Glide Custom. Love the color and the whole scheme about the bike, except when I ordered the passenger backrest. The anniversary rider seat is different than others I have seen and has a light blue grey colored thread, however, the matching backrest has contrasting gold color thread. I was quite surprised when I talk directly to Harley after the dealership informed me Harley did not make the backrest with matching thread color. Maybe Iím picky, but paying close to $40K for a motorcycle, I would expect to be able to purchase $130 backrest pad with matching thread color. I spoke to a customer service person, their manager and then their managers manager and was told they did not make the pad with the matching thread color, would not discount the pad nor help cover the cost to have the correct color put in. They also stated it was approved by the CVO department and all that was requested was to match material and design. When I asked to speak with the manager of that department I was told that would be impossible as I was not allowed to.
Has anyone else found this to be an issue or had a similar problem and if so how did you work it out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 04:53 PM

Ive been waiting on word about a matching back rest for my 2013 cvo as well. Its not the aniversary model, but I cant get an answer through the dealership about getting one.I bought the bike, and wanted the back rest for a month now. Frustrating, and after dealing with HD for almost 20 years and 4 harleys later, Im suprised at myself for wondering why Im not being better taken care of!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:02 PM

I told the second manager I spoke with I couldn't imagine HD doing somethiinig like this and expecting its customers to approve. When I asked to speak with someone in the CVO department I was told I wasn't allowed. I'm just hoping enough people call to complain in hopes they'll make amends. Let me know if you'd like the phone number.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Hangaround

Default Backrest Pad

The backrest pad for the Anniversary Road King will match your seat. Also, it's not a restricted part.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 AM

I was told that a rider backrest is not made for the CVO Road Glide Custom. Is that true or not? If they make one does anyone know the part number?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Life Member

I have a 2013 Anniversary. I kept the backrest and hardware off my 2010 and I have no issue with how it matches (or doesn't match). I'm not picky about my bike but I don't think anyone even notices the difference. In fact, I have the Anniversary Diamond Dust/Obsidian paint on my bike but my tour pack is red with black skulls. I think my bike looks cooler then having everything matching because I just don't care. Life is too short for me to sweat the little things.

You don't know until you CVO
Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Hangaround

Default Back rest pad

Part #52300238. $139.00
Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 AM

I just had the seats and backrest redone. Just the middle where the tripple set of stiching is. Upholsterer even added the stiching to the backrest. Blue aligator and restiched the entire seat with blue thread. Came out great.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Hangaround

I also own the '13 CVO RG Anniversary. I sent my seat, passenger pillion and passenger backrest to Thrasher seats. Mark Thrasher did an amazing job. He inset ostrich (vinyl) in the seat, pillion and backrest and used a blue thread stitch that perfectly matches the blue pin stripe. He also replaced the open cell foam with a closed cell foam for better comfort. I also had Mark install a brace inside the back of the seat because when I ride solo and take off the passenger pillion I found myself sliding off the back of the seat as the seat would collapse when I hit the throttle hard from a dead stop. I have done some engine work and have 124 ft./lbs. of torque so staying on the bike is a good thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RG 1.jpg (95.5 KB, 24 views)

Tags
110 anniversary , 2013 , passenger backrest , rgc