Enlighten me!! - Page 5 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin' View Post
Welcome to the forum from Central Jersey. I am sure by now you are used to the bike. Nice, huh?
Still waiting for it to be delivered to the dealer! But I will post pics and my feedback as soon as I get to ride it home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Prospect

From a Softail to a RGC. Not a problem. I have heard of all this non-sense before I bought mine and it is all bulls**t. I never noticed anything other than how much better it was to ride. I kicked myself for waiting so long before I bought me a RGC. You are gonna love it.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Hangaround

Cash...you are in my neck of the woods. I'm over in Alabama. Which dealer did you get your bike sight unseen with your big cahonas (sp?) at? Oh, and on topic, I test rode a RGC at my local deaker and was hooked. Hunted down my CVO and captured my shark. I traded in a SG. There wasn't musch "adjusting to the fix fairing." I got comfy on it real quick. Congrats and what number is yours?

Last edited by redeye93; 11-29-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 AM

redeye, I went to Great South in Newnan. I wasn't real happy with the fact that their first offer was right at what I was looking to pay. Didn't leave much negotiating fun! I countered, they countered, and we were done. Bike should be ready when I finish class Sunday. (Probably a good idea I learn how to ride before I pick it up )

Any chance you fly for a living redeye?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Prospect

Don't worry about the frame mount fairing. It makes the steering and handling feel more like a bike without a fairing than one of those darned bat wing things does.
Since most of us have ridden without a fairing at some point in our riding history, it should feel just fine almost immediately.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:58 PM

+2 on previous posts.
If you are looking at the fairing when you turn, you are looking wrong.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM

Ride around the block and you'll have it. The hardest thing for me is riding the softail. Riding along I say to myself "Why am I riding this bike" when the RG is sitting in the garage. You will never look back!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post
Ride around the block and you'll have it. The hardest thing for me is riding the softail. Riding along I say to myself "Why am I riding this bike" when the RG is sitting in the garage. You will never look back!
This hits home with me. Had a really sweet '98 Anniversary FatBoy. Bought my '01 FLTRSEI2. That Fatty sat in the garage for a year with hardly being ridden cause the RG was so nice!

Finally sold it. I miss it but NOT because of the way it rode!