Frankenglide - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Road Glide Builds-Document your builds HERE --NEW

Road Glide Builds-Document your builds HERE --NEW Road Glide Builds. Please post photos of your builds to help the rest of us out. All information is welcome but please limit it to Roadglide builds!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Default Frankenglide

The latest project going on in Fab Frank's garage is the Frankenglide. As some of you already know, we inherited his dads trike. His dad bought this 09 Motor Trike conversion new in 09 at Bike Week in Daytona. The bike originally started out as an EGUC.
His dad added reverse to it and a few add-ons here and there but never really rode it much as he began to fall ill. As it stands right now, it has a whopping 7000 miles on it and I would guess that we probably put 2000 of those on it ourselves.

So the plan is to turn it back into a 2 wheel bike. We'll keep the trike kit and store it away in case one of us needs it in the future. Frankies no spring chicken, ya know....lol! But the reverse is staying on...haha This is lazy mans dream.

We've been gathering parts here and there in order to do so. We picked up a rear wheel & a rear fender from the forum, a new swing arm from ebay, will use the stock bags from Frankies RK Ruby (Ruby is like an organ donor....lol Her parts are everywhere!), RufusBarkely donated a set of frame (strut) covers, and theres probably a few more things Im forgetting.

Im sure there will be motor work done as this is a 96 and if y'all know Frankie, he likes his go fast bikes. Paint will probably be a down he road thing. Right now we are just looking at getting it back on the road. And yes, since this is a batwinger, the goal is to hopefully pick up inner/outer fairings cheap and have a REAL bike....lol

So, this truly is a 'Frankenglide'

05 RG 'Lymey'
11 RGU 'Clyde'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Life Member

looks like a bomb went off!1 its already black cant get any faster then that!! looks like a fun project enjoy it!!
2012 FLTRX, rinehart 4" true duels,SE heavy breather-254E cams,16" hill country apes,J&M rocker XT's & rocker 250W amp,sony stereo,progressive 940's & monotubes.Top Shop bags+fender,14" mako,Dakota Digital gauges,
Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Wooden Nickel

Tracy I think you should take that shell from the trike, attach to some wheels and trick it out as a new trailer for you know who.....

Last edited by Wooden Nickel; 11-28-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BigDaveOnBass

I guess it's too late to say, "Leave it a 3 wheeler!"

Have fun with it (goes without saying, right?)
'04 FLTRI, originally Smokey Gold, now Vivid Black, 95", S/E forged high comp 9.6:1 pistons, Andrews 37G cams, Big Boyz heads, S/E adjustable pushrods, S/E Race Tuner, S/E Stage 1 kit, V&H Dresser Duals, S/E slip ons, H-D premium oil cooler, chromed wagon wheels, Brembo/H-D front brakes, added rear engine guards, Paul Yaffe 10" OEM Monkey Bars, detachable tour pak

http://www.roadglide.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=714&dateline=12735192  71
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Nickel View Post
Tracy I think you should take that shell from the trike, attach to some whesls and trick it out as a new trailer for you know who.....
Funny you should mention that....the other day Myrtle went out to the garage with me and a friend of ours, and the trunk of the trike was open. She tried to squeeze her fatass in it because she knew we were getting ready to go ride! We've created a monster!!!

05 RG 'Lymey'
11 RGU 'Clyde'
Old 11-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Wooden Nickel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyB View Post
Funny you should mention that....the other day Myrtle went out to the garage with me and a friend of ours, and the trunk of the trike was open. She tried to squeeze her fatass in it because she knew we were getting ready to go ride! We've created a monster!!!
I knew it Tracy and yes I think you guy's have created a monster. Nothing wrong with having a Bad Azz Biker Dog!!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Grey beard

very cool project and thats one hell of a valuable take off to keep around just in case.

GLIDE OR DIE!!
TWO WHEEL MICHIGAN
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Life Member

Looks like a fun project good therapy.Got a new granddog this last week English Bulldog named Max he's 6 yrs old one of our customers had him he fell in love with my son while on a job at their home .The owners are gone a lot they wanted him to go to some one who would give him lots of attention with two kids he is getting a lot he is one sweet dog and loves to ride!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Life Member

Exclamation Frankenglide

I am looking forward to this. Thanks for sharing you guys.

Hotrodad and his 2005 FLTRi, Black Pearl
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 AM
Life Member

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveOnBass View Post
I guess it's too late to say, "Leave it a 3 wheeler!"

Have fun with it (goes without saying, right?)
Some people are just not "Leave it alone" people.

Trailers are for Boats!!