Numbnut Move on my part - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Life Member

Look at the bright side bad shi- seems to come in threes you got yours in one shot so your good to go for a while
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

Wow, now that's some shit there! The only thing you missed was you didn't squash the family dog on the way down.

Don't swet it, we've all got dumbass vehicle related stories to tell. Mine is that when I was about 17, my cousin was headed to work one day in his 1961 bubbletop Impala, when someone pulled out in front of him and my cousin T-bone'd him before getting stopped. The damage to his car was all front end sheet metal, plus the radiator.

At that time it was just a nine year old used car, so he bought it off the insurance company for $100 and sold it to me. Me and my dad spent countless hours scrounging junkyards and finally found a whole new front clip that was in great shape with only a football sized dent in the left fender. We must have had a 200 man hours into doing everything that had to be done to get the whole car ready for paint, including a lot of bodywork on that left front fender.

The car had been up on jackstands for 3-4 months and the day came when I finally was bolting the wheels/tires back on to take it to the body shop to be painted the next a.m. My dad's last words to me that evening were to "take it directly to the body shop, don't go riding around". Ya right ....this was my first ever car and I had given up all my spare time to get it on the road.

The next day my two best buds and I took her out for a test ride before taking it to the bodyshop. Of course I had to hit the highway to see how she ran at speed. About 4 miles up the highway doing 75 or so mph, there was this sudden horrifying noise and the car jerked to the left. There was lots of smoke and burnt rubber smell. I finally got it to the shoulder and got out to see just WTF had happened. Well, when I had installed the left front wheel/tire I didn't have the wheel properly centered on the wheel studs when I tightened the lug nuts. So after having driven about 20 miles the nuts totally backed off (and fell off) and the tire came off the wheel and pretty much wiped out the whole left front quarter. The tire caught the rear portion of the fender and curled it up just like you would the cover of a sardine can. Then it proceeded to get jammed up against the top of the fender right over the wheel well and created about a 3" high 'bubble' on the top of the fender that was the shape of the tire. The tire was so jammed up into the top of the fender that we couldn't extract it, so the final insult was that I had to call a tow truck to get the car home.

My dad got home from work and came into the house after walking by the car in the driveway. To say that he was a little PO'd would be the understatement of the decade! Needless to say I had to fix all of the resulting damage without any help from him and it delayed my foray into the world of having "wheels", dating, and back seat sex by at least another two months!

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Last edited by Northwoods_Maine; 12-01-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertkowboy View Post
Concert in the park.....went to leave and forgot the disc lock was on. It moved about an inch, stopped and fell over, LIKE RIGHT NOW!! There was no way to stop it my feet were on ther way up. To make it worse, a kid walked up and said "you need any help mister".......total "dumbass move"
Was the concert in the park by any chance Central Park on Bouquet Cyn?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:44 AM

Oh yeah!!! I backed into my roomates car didnt see he parked behind me. I told him what happened and he said not to worry about it no big deal. The next day he pulls into the driveway and rear ends my bike. HA no real damage to his car either time. I had the paint on the fender crack.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Wow, that sucks, but don't feel too bad, I've done some stuff that I wouldn't even bother to post, someone might think I was brain dead, stuff happens.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM

I have waaaay too many stories to tell !!! hahahaha

8,000 bucks worth of damage ??? holy crap !!!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveOnBass View Post
In bowling, they call that a strike.

Sorry for your misfortune. Hope everything turns out well with the repairs.
He got the seldom picked up 7 - 10 split.

Tough break, great story!!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperfltr View Post
Was the concert in the park by any chance Central Park on Bouquet Cyn?
Lake Arrowhead

Old 11-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Life Member With a Grey Beard

Hey, I took on a washing machine in the garage. Course, that was only one fixed object, not two. Bikes fall over if you aren't careful. Low speed is better (good that you didn't take on two moving vehicles), but not necessarily cheap.

Thanks for sharing; good LOL for most ('cept you, of course).
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Life Member

My wife loves her MBZ more then life itself. I can't imagine how she would of reacted if I hit her car. Don't think I would be in he same house Glad all worked out for you and you got her car fixed without incident.

Join us @ SWV. Hill country, TX. June 15-19