Custom Dynamics LED turnsignal install - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Do-IT-Yourself

Do-IT-Yourself For all those Do-it-yourself ideas that will save you some bucks

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 09-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Life Member

My apologies I didn't realize you had mentioned no biggie. I too bought those 2 items as well for my buddy's scoot and they walked me through too. They were the ones who told me one or the other not both. I guess I need to rip them a new a-hole cut of that. Not that its my bike but you're told one thing then made to spend more money cuz ya need more parts? Damn when I ordered it and told ya what it is I was doing isn't that the right time to hit me up for all the parts I need? Common sense.......they can make magic happen with electronics but common sense ain't part of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Life Member

Do these work with aftermarket lights like the ones that come with headwinds or Kury driving light/turn signal combo kits?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Life Member

The plasma rids will work with any of the lights you install from any manufacturer.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 AM

Great write up and lots of useful information. I plan on tackling a similar project this winter. I want the amber turns and rods on the back though. I had them on my 07 with a bright ass tail light. I also have the tour pack and bag lid spoilers with lights that I want to see if CD makes a brighter/better LED for. The end result I am looking for will be spoiler lights, tail lights, and fender tip light on for run, all and rods for brake, and amber turns and amber rods for turn signal. I know I will have to open up the fender tip light and maybe re work the wiring/circuit board, but I will have a couple months of down time since winter is moving in.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM

I just ordered a set of Eddie Trotta front led turn signals and a badlands load equalizer III http://www.slickcustoms.com/eddie-tr...al-lights.html was wondering if any one is using this equalizer and if it would affect my rear stock turn signals. Also how difficult an install is this? the new lights are a 2 wire system vs a 3 wire stock signal. any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Life Member

Baggers did an article on those a couple of months ago. They didnt mention even needing a load equalizer and Im almost certain they were rolling with the stock tailights...either way, really nice choice in lights.:thumbup:

Sent from my VS910 4G using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Prospect

I just installed the CD LED turn signals today that I ordered a few weeks ago....I did have to install the load equalizer and used the Biketronics smart equalizer. This one was a plug and play unit...no, batter hookup at all..and the lights work fine....I tried w/o the equalizer at first and had the rapid flashing on all lights...good now with the smart equalizer....
Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Hangaround

Thanks for taking the time for the write-up. Definitely looks like a good quick project for a cold New England Day.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:41 AM

Thanks guys ! I read that article in baggers sent an email to them and got no response. Should receive parts today so with 3 kids playing ball 6 days a week ill try to get to it and let u know how it went. I will try with out equalizer 1st just to see.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Hangaround

Planning to pick up those front turn signals at Bike Week in Daytona. Always have to stop by the CD trailer and buy something. Already have the Gen II tail light, rear turn signals, and engine accent lights.

So... has anyone seen the front turn signals - the ones that have the white ring and amber turn signals - with HD LED headlights to see how the color matches? Not sure what the color temperature is on either.

FloridaFLTRU
Orlando, FL